Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 403 of 504 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 413 453 503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5039
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Yep. Im not a big sweet wine drinker but that one is good. Im not a big drinker at all anymore sadly. The wife likes it. I buy the ones she likes by the case because usually she likes the harder to find ones. This one is popular but you should be able to find at least a bottle or 2 on the shelf. If not give me a hollar and ill bring you one.

They have it in red too. Its the No1. Its also very tastey
    Thanks. I'll have to try both. If your wife is feeling adventurous, making sangria is very easy. Mostly it's throw a bottle of spare wine, a few other types of tasty spirits and some fruit into a pitcher and wait a day or two for the flavors to mix. Very good stuff. Here's how I make my red sangria:

One bottle of red wine (usually Merlot, but a nice Cab will work, or a Zinfandel)
    Peach schnapps to taste (I usually use 1/3 to half a big bottle)
    Splash (or three) of brandy (cause it needs more alcohol you know)
    Fruit (I like to use 2 small apples, 1/2 a large orange, 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime. The other halves I squeeze the juice into the mix)
    One of the most important ingredients for a red sangria is a handful of redhots. Adds a nice spiciness to the whole thing.

Stir all of that up and let it sit a day or two for best flavor. I pour it over ice in a hurricane style glass, but you can use whatever you want. Some people say to add a can of Sprite, 7 up, or something like that to it right before serving to give it a bit of a fizz, but I've found I prefer to not use anything like that. Bonus is that you can eat the fruit when the sangria is gone and it's delicious and you get a buzz...

User Info Menu

I learned how to make my own supply from the Concord grapes in our yard.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to try both. If your wife is feeling adventurous...
    Excellent lead in and the sangria sounds delicious but I was thinking a different direction in your post.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

User Info Menu

Thanks. I'll have to try both. If your wife is feeling adventurous, making sangria is very easy. Mostly it's throw a bottle of spare wine, a few other types of tasty spirits and some fruit into a pitcher and wait a day or two for the flavors to mix. Very good stuff. Here's how I make my red sangria:

One bottle of red wine (usually Merlot, but a nice Cab will work, or a Zinfandel)
    Peach schnapps to taste (I usually use 1/3 to half a big bottle)
    Splash (or three) of brandy (cause it needs more alcohol you know)
    Fruit (I like to use 2 small apples, 1/2 a large orange, 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime. The other halves I squeeze the juice into the mix)
    One of the most important ingredients for a red sangria is a handful of redhots. Adds a nice spiciness to the whole thing.

Stir all of that up and let it sit a day or two for best flavor. I pour it over ice in a hurricane style glass, but you can use whatever you want. Some people say to add a can of Sprite, 7 up, or something like that to it right before serving to give it a bit of a fizz, but I've found I prefer to not use anything like that. Bonus is that you can eat the fruit when the sangria is gone and it's delicious and you get a buzz...
    Awesome WT thanks man. Will try that for sure.
    RIP MSG Mark Allen
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    Excellent lead in and the sangria sounds delicious but I was thinking a different direction in your post.
    RIP MSG Mark Allen
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Morning all

Not a wine drinker at all. I'll cook with it but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

It's amazing how 24 hours can change the conversation in here. Yesterday we were saving the 2nd amendment, today we're getting drunk in case we loose it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    It's amazing how 24 hours can change the conversation in here. Yesterday we were saving the 2nd amendment, today we're getting drunk in case we loose it.
    Always be prepared. Advocacy, alcohol and ammo.

Maybe not the best catch phrase....

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    My headspace is not going that direction at present...

User Info Menu

My headspace is not going that direction at present...
    Better days are ahead and you’ve got a whole group here to help pull you through.