Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 440 of 504 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 450 490 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 5039

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hANNAbONE View Post
    Good Morning, My People.!!

As I bask in the 46 degree clear sky weather of Sidney, NE

I recount my shooting at the incredible Sand Hill Golf & Event Center located in Dismal River, NE.

Fantastic long range shooting available @ 100, 200, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000...and 1 mile.!!!

I took my Daniel Defense V7 with me and stoked her full of 62 grain Federal freedom seeds and the ring of steel started.

Light gusty winds to our rear allowed for little cross wind problems.

Ringing steel with spotting scope attendant and hits and misses and where located.

Hit 'em all - even the 1000 yarder several times - my Athlon HELOS was almost at it's vertical end with those shots.

I was the only one there and the attendant even shot my AR and loved the thing...tricked out with SJC Comp & Fortis forward grip & Radian Nikolene charging handle & Velocity 3# single stage drop in trigger.

Smooth as butter and little recoil allowed for easy followup shots once the range and slight wind compensating was dialed in.

Prolly ran 400 - 500 rounds through her and zero malfunctions. She was a dream to shoot.

They had a 50cal on site but the attendant didn't have his "certificate" yet on using it. That would have rounded out the day with a steel Bison 1 mile up the hill...

[[way up the hill]]

Great time while the other boys played golf.

It was almost child's play as hitting the target was so easy, even at way the freek out there yardage.

I'll try and post some pics.
    I been whacking squirrels in the tall trees of Shawnee N/F for the last three days. It's been great!
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Wow, I have a hard time imagining shooting at a mile. Nothing I have is capable of going that distance with aimed fire. Even a grand is a long way off for most of my stuff given my eye sight and irons that are on those that have 1000yd potential
    88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Wow, I have a hard time imagining shooting at a mile. Nothing I have is capable of going that distance with aimed fire. Even a grand is a long way off for most of my stuff given my eye sight and irons that are on those that have 1000yd potential
    Yep, same. I'm over here trying to get better groups at 100 yards.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Plus. It is the only, or one of a very few, jobs that require no prior experience. Ponder that for a second or two.
    Well, there are a number of places on West Washington Street that advertise amateurs ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Parenting. The hardest thing we will ever do and it is never over until you leave this life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Truth !
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Plus. It is the only, or one of a very few, jobs that require no prior experience. Ponder that for a second or two.

Agreed, these statements are all truth and things folks should ponder before deciding to have kids. So few understand the responsibility at any level before deciding to go down that road.
    And don't get me wrong, it is a lot of on the job training, but so many never seem to understand it at any level or understand at any level the gravity of the responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Agreed, these statements are all truth and things folks should ponder before deciding to have kids. So few understand the responsibility at any level before deciding to go down that road.
    And don't get me wrong, it is a lot of on the job training, but so many never seem to understand it at any level or understand at any level the gravity of the responsibility.
    I completely agree, but I think a lot of people have kids because it's what they're "supposed to do" and that they get pressured by parents and other family to do so. My family has only been accepting that I won't have kids in the past couple of years and that's only because I'm over 30 now. Some people don't think that they have a choice to delay having kids or even not have any kids at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    I completely agree, but I think a lot of people have kids because it's what they're "supposed to do" and that they get pressured by parents and other family to do so. My family has only been accepting that I won't have kids in the past couple of years and that's only because I'm over 30 now. Some people don't think that they have a choice to delay having kids or even not have any kids at all.
    Idk how it is for other families, but being Catholics and mexican.. the pressure was real. Having a baby at 18 was not a big shock to my parents. The thing was, they were there for me. They offered guidance and help to no end. They couldn't change the ex from being a turd of a person, but that was on me.

User Info Menu

My wife despairs about not having grand children, but doesn't pressure either one of our sons. Both of them have seen friends run through meat grinder divorces and are gun shy about marriage.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I'd be thrilled to have grandchildren, but one daughter is 29 and unmarried, and the other is 35, married, but has declared that she and her husband will not have children...... so the waiting continues for me.

But yeah, as far as having them myself. I learned that nobody writes a book on how to successfully raise children ..... oh, they do, and some of the readings are worthwhile, BUT ...... everyone's circumstances are different, and the kids themselves are vastly different from each other. At least I was already somewhat mature (33 yrs. old when we had our first), and we had arrived on relatively firm financial ground.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    Seriously? You tell me this now?

Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.