• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    So I’ll be purchasing a new carry weapon as soon as I can get some people to respond. What’s eating me up is idk which way to lean. I have no Glock experience. I’ve shot a m&p 40 shield 1 time.

So so what I need to know is people opinions on Glock g27 Glock 23 or m&p shield or 40c?

I hVe to say I’m leaning g27 or 40c.

I know all the differences in the weapon systems. I’m just asking for some real world experience. Thanks guys and gals!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Glocks and M&Ps suck, you need an AK47....

pick both up. Which feels better? Buy that one. Both operate ridiculously reliable, both have a huge aftermarket trigger and part market. Glock trigger upgrades are cheaper. Personally, I shoot M&P faster with the ergonomics. I can shoot either accurately.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You're considering buying and carrying a gun you've never shot, so you ask a bunch of strangers which one to get?

Get out there and try them out. Find out what fits your hand well, what you shoot well. Only you can decide what's right for you.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    I’m not asking which one I should buy. I’m asking opinions from other people that may have long term experience with both more than I will be able to get goin to a range once or twice.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have the Glock 23. Gen 2, 26 years old I think. Very accurate. Not one problem. It's my wife's favorite carry. Many many rounds through it and still going. Always ready in a good retention holder. You'll outdraw anything else. But don't let me influence you. I carry a 1911 now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Either pistol will probably outlast you. These are 25,000 rd guns. The grip angle will be the biggest issue. Glocks point up a bit more then the M&P. Other than that, either will serve you well.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So I’ll be purchasing a new carry weapon as soon as I can get some people to respond. What’s eating me up is idk which way to lean. I have no Glock experience. I’ve shot a m&p 40 shield 1 time.

So so what I need to know is people opinions on Glock g27 Glock 23 or m&p shield or 40c?

I hVe to say I’m leaning g27 or 40c.

I know all the differences in the weapon systems. I’m just asking for some real world experience. Thanks guys and gals!

Depends. Are you Austrian or American?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You’ve gotta figure out which one YOU want. My opinion is irrelevant. Both are respectable.

Personally, I’d go with Glock. M&P has never really “done it” for me.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Depends a lot of how and why you wil be carrying.
    For CC around town, the G-27 or Smith Shield, either would be OK (IMH)), a medium sized M&P 9 or .40, or G-23 if your going to need a pistol for some type of Job.
    If you can just have one,again (IMHO) a Glock-23 hands down.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Glocks and M&Ps have more accuracy potential that 99% of shooters and reliable. You're in Danville so go to Parabellum in Avon and shoot both to see what fits your hand and feels good to you. I would suggest 9MM and something midsize like a M&P compact or a Glock 19 for starters. Also imperative to have some training if you are going to carry. Parabellum has several classes that can assist you in that area also.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

MY preference is for S&W. I have a few.

I have 1 Gen 3 Glock. I shoot it pretty well - but it's grip gets slicker than snot on a door knob. And I don't want to spend the coin to have it stippled. But the newer generation Glocks have better grip textures - like the S&W M&P 2.0 guns.

You didn't ask me, but I'd steer you towards the 9mm variants of these guns vs. the .40 S&W. Higher capacity, lower felt recoil, cheaper ammunition, and with modern JHP bullet tech - 9mm can do anything the .40 can.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm

It has interchangeable backstraps to fit any hand, 9mm for cheap practice.

Plus you don’t look like just another Glock guy shooting a unnatural pointing pistol talking about how great it is!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Glocks and M&Ps have more accuracy potential that 99% of shooters and reliable. You're in Danville so go to Parabellum in Avon and shoot both to see what fits your hand and feels good to you. I would suggest 9MM and something midsize like a M&P compact or a Glock 19 for starters. Also imperative to have some training if you are going to carry. Parabellum has several classes that can assist you in that area also.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This Right There!

Is there a reason you are looking at a .40 cal? It is a viable calibur, just curious why as .40 cal is slightly harder to shoot than 9mm....especially in smaller platforms.

As for platform size, smaller will be harder to shoot but easier to conceal (Think M&P Shield, especially in .40 cal). And a medium sized gun (Like the Glock 19 or the M&P 2.0 Compact or .40 cal equivalent) will be far easier to shoot and only takes a little more work to conceal.

I also will strongly suggest some training. Many people think it's just point and "click". But you don't know what you don't know until you go somewhere where an instructor can open your eyes. It will be worth every penny and every moment of time spent.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed with this. Lots of people love the 40, but I personally do not like it, especially in subcompact guns. The 9mm is easier to get back on target in the smaller guns and less abusive. Even in the compact guns such as the Glock 19 & M&P Compact 2.0 (vs subcompacts such as the Shield) though it is less of an issue in those.

I'd recommend looking and comparing the Glock 19 to the M&P Compact 2.0. I personally prefer the ergonomics of the M&P, but it is hard to argue with the simplicity of the Glocks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom