• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Among all of the trash and treasure that I have cleared out of my father-in-laws estate, I found a little Beretta 25acp. It's not really my style of handgun, I prefer my standard 1911 in 45acp. The little Beretta was in its original box, along with 3 magazines and there was a few boxes of ammo for it. I put it in the back of the safe and haven't thought much about it for the past 4 years. I was moving things around in the safe recently, and rediscovered it. I took it out, field stripped it, cleaned and lightly lubed it with Breakfree, and then it was off to the range (backyard). Actually, turns out to be a fun gun to shoot. I had my first 10 rounds spread out, but quickly tightened it up. I just ordered dies to start hand loading, and I guess I will hang on to this.

Anyone else have one? What is your experience with it?

Beretta 21.jpg
    25 acp group.jpg

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    It's fun to shoot. I would probably recommend the .22LR for cost and availability of ammo. It will never be my primary carry piece, but it's not a bad pocket pistol.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've owned a number of both the 21A and 950 pistols. The 950 is a single action model. Had them in .22 short, 22LR, and .25 acp. All were reliable shooters and fun. My favorite was a 950BS with a long barrel, like 4", in .22 short. It was dated 1957 I think which may have been the first year they were imported(?).

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They're cool little guns, picked one up in .22 a couple years ago and had it threaded for a silencer. It's a cute little thing, awesome to have a suppressed 22 that fits in the palm of your hands

No experience, but I've toyed with the idea of picking up one in .22LR, or the Taurus equivalent.

Get the Beretta, much better quality, better trigger, and they work. Seen more of the Taurus versions not work than have worked

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have had several Beretta's like Snorko above, they are fun guns. The "tip up" makes it a lot easier on the ammo than having to rack the slide and easier for elderly and females to use.

Watching some women trying to rack a slide on most semi-autos is a "how not to" in better than 50% of the cases.

I tweaked a Taurus for my brother to make it reliable, he calls it his "church gun"...

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Well... I was in one of my usual shops and stumbled across a 21A... Didn't have time to fondle or purchase today, but planning on checking back in tomorrow. With a 10% off coupon, this may be tough to pass up.

Edit: Well... Pulled the trigger on the 21A. Already ordered a set of wood grips and a wallet holster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    4ac11c2ab206a65c34709209f890bc58.jpg
    569f0823be6360994aa55922be640667.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom