0b0b8ab2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A small sampling of my original (Seattle) Detonics Combat Masters.

Of the the first 250 made, LN/99.5% condition (possibly unfired?)
    pix2101866328.jpg

Un-catalogued factory made custom gun for a Detonics executive, no slide engravings, no model marks. This gun is a cross between a MK V and a MK VI, so I guess its a MK V.V
    pix242272937.jpg

Mark IV:
    1-3.jpg

Rare 9mm version (less than 350 total guns were made in 9mm) this is a top of the line MK VI
    1-MK-VI-9mm.jpg

Rare 9mm version of the MK V
    19mmMKV.jpg

45acp version of the MK VI
    145MKVI.jpg

45acp version of the MC
    1MKV45acp.jpg

very rare 38 Super version of the MC (less than 250 made of all versions)
    138superMKV.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Beryllium-Copper framed Safari Arms exhibition grade pistols. This is a matched set (Enforcer & Matchmaster), serial numbers xxx-001 and xxx-002. Made by the SGW custom division of Safari Arms. I gave these to my wife for our 5th wedding anniversary (18 years ago), we're still married and she is a good shot, so I guess it was a good gift.

at2.jpg

at1.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Kimber series 1, Pro CDP

ProCDP.jpg

Kimber Series 1, Pro Carry Stainless LE 2900+/- made in 2000

kimsle.jpg

Sig GSR TTT

sig.jpg

Sig Platinum Carry Elite

platinum1.jpg

Dan Wesson Bobtail

bobtail.jpg

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Jay,
    How do you like Sig's 1911. I really like the looks of those particularly the Platinum Carry Elite

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Here are a few more of the early Seattle made Detonics Combat Masters from my collection.

First 3 photos are a Magna Ported MK V in 45acp

Picture 4 show 2 of the various different finishes side by side. The MC2 or Military Combat finish is a dull sand cast finish that has minimal reflectivity and was developed for covert operations as a stainless steel finish that would not reflect light in a combat situation.

Picture 5 shows a rare 9mm variant of the MC2 finished Combat Master.

Picture 6 shows the rarest of them all, a NIB 451 Detonics Magnum cased set, complete with loading dies, brass, cleaning kit, etc. Only 200 of these were made, fewer exist as complete sets, still fewer NIB.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Allen, the Platinum Carry is a real nice pistol. It's accurate, tight, and eats everything I've fed it. If I had to pick something I wasn't very happy with, it would be the grips. They're purty, but a bit on the slick side for me. If and when I decide to carry this one, it will have different grips on it. .

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'll play

Here my 2 latest 1911's, well actually the Kimber is my wifes....
    It is a 9mm Aegis Pro, The Para is a doulbe stack .40 S&W
    I have put 700 rounds thought the two of them yesterday and to day without one malfunction in either one. This is my first 40 cal gun.
    I feel in love with the 45 acp 1911's but I have to say this may become a steel plate gun. except I don't like being in double stack class.

Second Photo is kind of an old one Bottom gun is a S&W SC 4"
    though. Top gun is a rock island but I removed the compesator, cut the barrel down and Lathed a crown on barrel:) I bought it just to play with and see how well I could accurize the cheapest pistol I could find. Second from top pistol is my amature attempt with a Sprinfield loaded to "fancy it up" I think it looks better in person:) It is setup as a light target pistol with many modifications. shoots sweet.

The other one is a plain jane springfield loaded nothing changed.

(I wish this had spell check)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thought I would revive this thread with something that is completely different. This popped up on Gunbroker yesterday, within minutes of the opening of the auction the deal was closed and the gun will soon be shipped to me. There are some very unusual variations of the Detonics Combat Master Pistols, one of the most unusual is the MK VII model. It was supposedly developed at the request of the CIA and supposedly the CIA got several examples for covert use. Whether that is true is open for debate, but one thing is true, the MK VII guns are so unusual and rare that they have achieved an almost mythical status and are rarely seen, even by collectors.

It has been said that this is the model that started the trend toward the modern 'carry melt' package seen on modern guns. These guns are not melted/softened at the corners like the modern 'carry melt' packages but they were designed for pocket carry and draw without snagging. The gun has no sights and was designed for close quarters offensive and defensive work where point shooting, or more likely gut shooting, would occur.

So to you I present my soon to be MK VII, it is more likely that you will see the Loch Ness Monster, a Unicorn or Sasquach than another one of these. I've been a Detonics fan/admirer/collector for years and I have never held one of these MK VII pistols. These photos are from the auction, I'll provide some nice glamor shots when the gun actually arrives (10 to 14 days?).

Top Bottom