Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Glock Slides for RDS?

Hey everyone, I have a gen 4 Glock 19. Got it back in 2016 and wanted an MOS but they were all sold out at the time and instead of being patient I picked up the one I have. I'm not upset with the purchase at all. I love the gun and I carry it every single day, but I am wanting to get a RDS mounted on it. I want to keep my iron sights for alignment and obviously a backup if the sight goes down so one of those adapters that goes in the dove tail rear sight is out of the question. So, I'm just wondering what you guys think. Buy a new slide that is already cut for a red dot, or send mine out to be custom milled? All I really want are front slide serrations and an optic cut. Also not wanting to spend more money than what I could pick up a new gen 5 mos for. Any input is welcomed. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Not sure what it will go for but here's what you want.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-19-MO...gAAOSw6TtdTiBC
    There aren't many aftermarket Gen 5 slides, you are pretty much locked into a ZEV or getting yours machined and recoated and that's going to be a little pricey. Search Ebay for gen5 glock slide to see what is available.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar

User Info Menu

Not sure where your located but I can mill for RDS and slide serrations.
    I am in Avon
    07 FFL / SOT 2

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

I recently went through this, I have a G17 gen 5 and wanted either a slide or cut mine but either way is not cheap once you include the machining and the refinishing if is done by a qualified smith and using a good finish. I opted to buy a whole new handgun and with that I get the flexibility of been able to mount different optics not just one (got the G17 gen 5 MOS), it is even more expensive to buy everything but in the end it is a rock solid set up and its flexible.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    Not sure where your located but I can mill for RDS and slide serrations.
    I am in Avon

And he is damn good too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply. I live in Bloomington so it's about an hour drive for me. Do you have any pictures of your work?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Burchamj View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I live in Bloomington so it's about an hour drive for me. Do you have any pictures of your work?
    Here are a few, just a small portion of one's I have done.

20180922_065145 by Allen Moore, on Flickr
    20181105_113029 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

20170712_060839 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

20180113_040817 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

20170702_115925 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146955223@N04/
    07 FFL / SOT 2

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

For RDS cut, basic front serrations and Cerakote finish would cost 275.00. That would include a new firing pin channel as well
    07 FFL / SOT 2

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    For RDS cut, basic front serrations and Cerakote finish would cost 275.00. That would include a new firing pin channel as well
    Thanks for the reply Allen. Sorry I haven't gotten back with you. I think I've decided against the rds for now. I would definitely like to do front slide serrations and maybe a cerakote if you could? Roughly how much would that take if you could let me know and do you currently have any lead time? Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Thanks for jumping in Allen. What do you charge for the RMR cut? And is cerakote needed on the cut for rust protection or do you cerakote the whole slide?
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast