When do I begin to like my Glock?..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    So I have been shooting all my life but much more frequently in the last 2 years, I would say 4-6 times a month and dryfire practice 4x per week. I also just recently got into USPSA and am loving it. My main pistol is a SIG P320 X5 and also a full size P320. I have a couple S&W's, a Ruger, and a Beretta. Most recently I bought a G45 and was very excited to own my 1st Glock. Fast forward I have a good amount of range time with it and I am just not crazy about it. My buddy that has a couple Glocks absolutely loves it. To me it is so meh. I want so bad to love the gun but even though I can shoot it accurately I would just rather shoot any other gun I own. Anyone else have the same experience?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've been like that with pistols that it seems everyone loves. I buy it and try to love it, but just can't. Just did this with a CZ P10C. I shot it, tried 3 different triggers and it just doesn't work for me.

So I have it up for sale and I bought a M&P 2.0 Compact. So far I really like it. I do hope that it will be the "one" for me. I have tried most everything else.

The ironic thing is; my first 9 mm was a FS M&P. Go figure.

I never bought a Glock but shot several and I too tried to like them, but I could tell without purchasing that I wasn't going to warm up to one.

Since you can shoot it accurately, you might give it some more time.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I fired a Glock back about 1992 and my reaction was meh!

I have shot several Glocks since just don’t have like the grip angle, most of the people I shoot with use a Glock.
    Just because it’s a good pistol doesn’t you will like it dare to be different “perfection” is not for everyone!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I always shoot better and have a better feeling about mine after I undercut the trigger guard. That's just particular to my hand size I guess but shooting it well is 90% of the battle, I would give it some time. AND as Brad said one man's perfection is another man's pain in the a$$

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I carry a old G27 I also shoot USPSA and the Glock is not my gun of choice. When I first got the G27 I hated it but like you I shoot it well. Fast forward 15 years. The G27 is the daily beater that goes everywhere. It has so many miles on it the bluing is worn and the texture is worn smooth. I have a M&P compact that gets to go out every now and then but the Glock wins most of the time. I'm on my second set of night sights with it. It has busted groundhogs out to 50 yards as well as coyotes. I run a few rounds every month just to make sure it is still good to go. I changed all the springs last year that was just precautionary. Run your competition guns in comp carry your tool. My USPSA guns would not make good carry guns they are what they are race guns. My 2 cents

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    For everyone that has a Glock 19 or 17 Gen 2 or 3 they absolutely can’t stand, the Vigilant Home for Unwed Glocks is still accepting residents, just a pm can have you happy again, and give a Glock a new home where it will be cared for and fed.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I shot a lot of different pistols over the years, I can shoot M&P's the best out of the polymer handguns but Glock is very close behind. A lot of people love CZ and I can't shoot any them with consistency. I can shoot Glock better than some guns that cost 2, 3 or more times than Glock, you have to find what is the tool that you can use to it's full capabilities. But like others mentioned what works for me may not work for you.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    For me I feel the Glock is a victim of it's own success.

Most everyone (who isn't in the 1911 camp)
    Will tell you Glocks are the absolute best and the greatest and amazing yadda yadda.

But then you shoot one and it's just another non-descript gun. No warm and fuzzys like the ones yourbget when you fire a gun from your fav maker.

For me I'll never be wow'd by a Glock. They are ok, buddy has one. We did some shooting. I put a few maga through it. Set it down picked up my fav gun. He put a few mags through it, set it down picked up his fav. Glock say there untouched.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For me I feel the Glock is a victim of it's own success.

Most everyone (who isn't in the 1911 camp)
    Will tell you Glocks are the absolute best and the greatest and amazing yadda yadda.

But then you shoot one and it's just another non-descript gun. No warm and fuzzys like the ones yourbget when you fire a gun from your fav maker.

For me I'll never be wow'd by a Glock. They are ok, buddy has one. We did some shooting. I put a few maga through it. Set it down picked up my fav gun. He put a few mags through it, set it down picked up his fav. Glock say there untouched.

That's reliable, low maintenance, and accurate... it is ugly though, if you want pretty and something that work most, but not all, of the time go with 1911's and Harleys.

Kut (thinks now is the time to run) ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's reliable, low maintenance, and accurate... it is ugly though, if you want pretty and something that work most, but not all, of the time go with 1911's and Harleys.

Kut (thinks now is the time to run) ;)

Like FMJ said....when something gets a reputation it will stick.
    Old Harley's and cheap 1911's.

G***s are utilitarian non-pretty handguns. I m no fan of the ergo's and make no bones about it.
    But I will not argue as to the reliability.
    Find the right fit.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    For everyone that has a Glock 19 or 17 Gen 2 or 3 they absolutely can’t stand, the Vigilant Home for Unwed Glocks is still accepting residents, just a pm can have you happy again, and give a Glock a new home where it will be cared for and fed.
    If your shelter becomes over crowded please PM me and I will be happy to assist with the unwanted. I have minions in search of a G17 with a rail right now, no matter how ugly, for use in a Roni carbine to replace my Sub 2000. I've never claimed they were pretty but for a self defense tool reliability trumps everything in my world. They point naturally for me and failures I've had can be attributed to ammo or mags. No machine is perfect but I've found Glocks, and from what I've experienced and seen at matches, M&Ps exceedingly reliable.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glocks have been hit or miss for me (no pun intended). I’m a big fan of the .40s and .45s but the 9mm ones have just never grabbed me. I’ve owned 2 G19s and let them go. The P10C seems to work much better for me than the G19 which seems odd to me because I like the G23 a whole lot.

As has been said already, try stuff and if it clicks, then great. If not, then move it along.

One thing though, give a gun a fair trial. Don’t shoot a single mag and make your mind up based on that. My G30sf’s took a while for me to warm up to but they are among my favorites now. I had close to 1k though the first G19 when I let it go. If I didn’t bond with it in 1k rounds, I don’t think that I ever would.

Top Bottom