Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

When do I begin to like my Glock?..........

So I have been shooting all my life but much more frequently in the last 2 years, I would say 4-6 times a month and dryfire practice 4x per week. I also just recently got into USPSA and am loving it. My main pistol is a SIG P320 X5 and also a full size P320. I have a couple S&W's, a Ruger, and a Beretta. Most recently I bought a G45 and was very excited to own my 1st Glock. Fast forward I have a good amount of range time with it and I am just not crazy about it. My buddy that has a couple Glocks absolutely loves it. To me it is so meh. I want so bad to love the gun but even though I can shoot it accurately I would just rather shoot any other gun I own. Anyone else have the same experience?

User Info Menu

Sometimes you pick the gun and sometimes the gun picks you.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

I've been like that with pistols that it seems everyone loves. I buy it and try to love it, but just can't. Just did this with a CZ P10C. I shot it, tried 3 different triggers and it just doesn't work for me.

So I have it up for sale and I bought a M&P 2.0 Compact. So far I really like it. I do hope that it will be the "one" for me. I have tried most everything else.

The ironic thing is; my first 9 mm was a FS M&P. Go figure.

I never bought a Glock but shot several and I too tried to like them, but I could tell without purchasing that I wasn't going to warm up to one.

Since you can shoot it accurately, you might give it some more time.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

I fired a Glock back about 1992 and my reaction was meh!

I have shot several Glocks since just don’t have like the grip angle, most of the people I shoot with use a Glock.
    Just because it’s a good pistol doesn’t you will like it dare to be different “perfection” is not for everyone!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

I always shoot better and have a better feeling about mine after I undercut the trigger guard. That's just particular to my hand size I guess but shooting it well is 90% of the battle, I would give it some time. AND as Brad said one man's perfection is another man's pain in the a$$

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

User Info Menu

I also tried several of them, 17, 19, 20, 30s, ... just never did like them.

User Info Menu

I carry a old G27 I also shoot USPSA and the Glock is not my gun of choice. When I first got the G27 I hated it but like you I shoot it well. Fast forward 15 years. The G27 is the daily beater that goes everywhere. It has so many miles on it the bluing is worn and the texture is worn smooth. I have a M&P compact that gets to go out every now and then but the Glock wins most of the time. I'm on my second set of night sights with it. It has busted groundhogs out to 50 yards as well as coyotes. I run a few rounds every month just to make sure it is still good to go. I changed all the springs last year that was just precautionary. Run your competition guns in comp carry your tool. My USPSA guns would not make good carry guns they are what they are race guns. My 2 cents

User Info Menu

When I hit a groundhog at 50 yds with one I'll start to like it.
    Just call me lollipop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Sometimes you pick the gun and sometimes the gun picks you.
    I have some. I carry some. It's not my favorite. It is the fastest on the draw and reliable. And this is why I trust it.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

If your friend really likes it sell it to him.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast