Join INGunOwners For Free
    ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

Which CGW package for P-01 for EDC?

Now that I am the proud owner for a CZ P-01, I am going to ship it out to CGW for a work over. Looking for some experienced recommendations here.

Since this will be a carry gun, it looks like the defensive package is the way to go. But I also think I would like to swap the trigger. Definitely need to swap the sights.

Any input on this would be great! Thanks, INGO!

User Info Menu

I switched to a fiber optic front and a plain back rear sight on my 75D PCR . . . Certainly better than the stock sights. Also, changed to LOK grips because the stock palm swells were just a bit big.
    Sons of the American Revolution . . . .We're still here

User Info Menu

Pretty much EXACTLY what Ben says above ^^^. For CGW packages as an EDC strategy, the things I think hit the weak spots on a CZ are covered really well with the Ultra-Lite Kit. I've done a few of these myself, they're not hard, and it's $50 well spent.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/54420-ultra-lite/

The only other thing you may consider adding is the floating trigger pin and the improved trigger return spring. I have a couple of these still in the bag just in case that trigger return spring dies on me, and the floating trigger pin makes it much easier to swap out in the future.
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

User Info Menu

No need to send it to CGW when we have our own Wizard. I vote for the full Pro Package. It has the trigger and much more. Get the parts and PM the Wizard. He will fix you up.

I will say the Pro Package is much more than the ultra lite kit but worth it in my mind. You could do the Defensive Carry package and the Old Style trigger and not spend as much as the Pro Package.
    Last edited by rkwhyte2; 4 Weeks Ago at 19:21. Reason: added info
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

Expert

User Info Menu

I went with the defensive carry package and old style trigger along with polishing the internals and the SA trigger pull came out well under 3 lbs. Too light for defensive use for my tastes (fine for the range). Others have felt the same way with any of the packages while some like the very light triggers.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Congrats on finding a p-01, hope it didn't set you back too much. I've been waiting to find a reasonably priced one myself but not had much luck. I may end up giving up and going with a sig P365 xl instead, despite my instincts to avoid sig.

User Info Menu

For EDC on a P01, I’d be careful with some of the full on kits. With the full Pro kit, mine was coming in under 2# so I restored the factory hammer. Even then, it was under 3#. The trigger was wonderful but I didn’t trust myself with it in an EDC situation and adrenaline pumping. I would do the internal polish and a short reset kit along with the CGW trigger spring and pin.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

I have the Pro Package in my P-01 and the SA trigger is 3.8 lbs. The DA trigger is 7.5 lbs. All the install work was done by the Wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    ... With the full Pro kit, mine was coming in under 2# so I restored the factory hammer. Even then, it was under 3#...
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    I have the Pro Package in my P-01 and the SA trigger is 3.8 lbs. The DA trigger is 7.5 lbs. All the install work was done by the Wizard.
    In a conversation with CGW, I was told that every pistol has the possibility of coming in above or below their advertised pull weights due to tolerance stacking (largely in the CZ parts), polishing, etc. so it is somewhat of a luck of the draw situation.