• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Now that I am the proud owner for a CZ P-01, I am going to ship it out to CGW for a work over. Looking for some experienced recommendations here.

Since this will be a carry gun, it looks like the defensive package is the way to go. But I also think I would like to swap the trigger. Definitely need to swap the sights.

Any input on this would be great! Thanks, INGO!

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    I switched to a fiber optic front and a plain back rear sight on my 75D PCR . . . Certainly better than the stock sights. Also, changed to LOK grips because the stock palm swells were just a bit big.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Pretty much EXACTLY what Ben says above ^^^. For CGW packages as an EDC strategy, the things I think hit the weak spots on a CZ are covered really well with the Ultra-Lite Kit. I've done a few of these myself, they're not hard, and it's $50 well spent.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/54420-ultra-lite/

The only other thing you may consider adding is the floating trigger pin and the improved trigger return spring. I have a couple of these still in the bag just in case that trigger return spring dies on me, and the floating trigger pin makes it much easier to swap out in the future.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    No need to send it to CGW when we have our own Wizard. I vote for the full Pro Package. It has the trigger and much more. Get the parts and PM the Wizard. He will fix you up.

I will say the Pro Package is much more than the ultra lite kit but worth it in my mind. You could do the Defensive Carry package and the Old Style trigger and not spend as much as the Pro Package.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I went with the defensive carry package and old style trigger along with polishing the internals and the SA trigger pull came out well under 3 lbs. Too light for defensive use for my tastes (fine for the range). Others have felt the same way with any of the packages while some like the very light triggers.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    Congrats on finding a p-01, hope it didn't set you back too much. I've been waiting to find a reasonably priced one myself but not had much luck. I may end up giving up and going with a sig P365 xl instead, despite my instincts to avoid sig.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For EDC on a P01, I’d be careful with some of the full on kits. With the full Pro kit, mine was coming in under 2# so I restored the factory hammer. Even then, it was under 3#. The trigger was wonderful but I didn’t trust myself with it in an EDC situation and adrenaline pumping. I would do the internal polish and a short reset kit along with the CGW trigger spring and pin.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have the Pro Package in my P-01 and the SA trigger is 3.8 lbs. The DA trigger is 7.5 lbs. All the install work was done by the Wizard.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... With the full Pro kit, mine was coming in under 2# so I restored the factory hammer. Even then, it was under 3#...

I have the Pro Package in my P-01 and the SA trigger is 3.8 lbs. The DA trigger is 7.5 lbs. All the install work was done by the Wizard.

In a conversation with CGW, I was told that every pistol has the possibility of coming in above or below their advertised pull weights due to tolerance stacking (largely in the CZ parts), polishing, etc. so it is somewhat of a luck of the draw situation.

Top Bottom