• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    Let me just start off by saying, I understand that as a lefty, I should know how to operate all handguns. I just would like to actually own a firearm with a slide lock that I can actually use. I'm just looking for options/opinions. Currently, I am looking at either a gen 5 G17 or a Sig P320 but I'm open to other options. Thanks for anything you guys can tell me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Either will work. The H&K VP-9 also has an ambi slide release. EAA has a few to if you're looking for a DA/SA gun. Walther might too but I'm not sure on that.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    When I was looking for my first handgun, I found my choices were, HK, FN, and some SIGs.

I ended up with the HK VP9. They even have a button mag release now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The CZ P10C is completely ambidextrous in the first versions. Those tend to be available cheap used and even new sometimes. The newer version has a reversible mag release but it’s the first version that, to me, is the best.

I became a full time lefty for a while last summer while healing from rotator cuff surgery and the P10C was my go-to gun.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I’m a lefty, have owned some firearms that are built for lefties, some that can be converted and some ambidextrous. My conclusion was to learn how to manipulate a right handed firearms with my left hand especially a carry pistol. In a life or death situation you never know what firearm you have to fight with, nothing worse than having the muscle memory and instinct to drop a mag, manipulate a safety or slide lock only to find it’s on the other side.

Top Bottom