Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Handgun for lefties?

Let me just start off by saying, I understand that as a lefty, I should know how to operate all handguns. I just would like to actually own a firearm with a slide lock that I can actually use. I'm just looking for options/opinions. Currently, I am looking at either a gen 5 G17 or a Sig P320 but I'm open to other options. Thanks for anything you guys can tell me.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Either will work. The H&K VP-9 also has an ambi slide release. EAA has a few to if you're looking for a DA/SA gun. Walther might too but I'm not sure on that.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

When I was looking for my first handgun, I found my choices were, HK, FN, and some SIGs.

I ended up with the HK VP9. They even have a button mag release now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The CZ P10C is completely ambidextrous in the first versions. Those tend to be available cheap used and even new sometimes. The newer version has a reversible mag release but itís the first version that, to me, is the best.

I became a full time lefty for a while last summer while healing from rotator cuff surgery and the P10C was my go-to gun.
    Ď88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Cz 85 if you can find one.
    ďSon, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.Ē -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Iím a lefty, have owned some firearms that are built for lefties, some that can be converted and some ambidextrous. My conclusion was to learn how to manipulate a right handed firearms with my left hand especially a carry pistol. In a life or death situation you never know what firearm you have to fight with, nothing worse than having the muscle memory and instinct to drop a mag, manipulate a safety or slide lock only to find itís on the other side.
    Tetelestai.

Plinker

User Info Menu

My first had an ambi safety (Browning 1911-380). My current does not have a thumb safety (S&W M&P Shield).