• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have a S&W m&p 9c (original 12 rou d) that's slightly bigger than a Glock 26. But truth be told I find a Glock 19 is not that much of a problem. However if I were to buy a true compact in your price I'd look at bnb the S&W shield OR the Glock 43X. Outside your price range yje Sig 225 would be hard to beat. There are some other decent choices that's just what I would get.

Good luck hope you get a deal on whatever you choose

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    I really like the new larger sig 365. With that being said I’m going to buy an m&p 2.0 compact. 15 rounds, very smooth, I can get a full grip on it, much easier to reload than something like the 365 because my hand doesn't protrude as much past the bottom of the grip, safety or no safety models, and a grip angle I like. You could also look at the glock 19, similar idea but with a different grip angle.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For many years I carried a Glock 26 with an OEM +2 'pinky' extension...always seemed to work just fine. I looked at the Glock 48 as a possible 'thinner' replacement, but recently bought a 'used' (owned, but never fired) Glock 43 from a friend and it's kinda been a nice fit. I added +1 pinky extensions to 3 of the mags, which helps make it fit a bit better, but for a subcompact 'pocket-pistol' it'll work! I carried 5-shot revolvers for over 10 year, still have them too and still, occasionally carry one...so a 7+1 works for me. Besides, I prefer the more 'forward' grip angle of the Glock vs the more vertical grip angle of the Sig Sauer pistols...after shooting a lot of SA revolvers growing up, the Glock grip angle is a more natural 'fit'. Fit-n-feel matters and to each their own...play around with them and pick what works for you...if you can borrow a friend's and shoot a few prior to purchase, that often helps too!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have had nearly all mentioned here and more just having fun with trying them out and finding that "fit."
    After I settled on my Shield 1.0 after months of searching, and gave it up in a nanosecond when I shot a friend's Sig P365 and loved it.
    I presently own the Ruger SR9c, a Shield 2.0 & a Bersa PTR9c
    I need to trim at least 1 of them, but I love them all for different reasons.
    Good luck in your search. Whatever you decide on, you'll own something different later anyway!
    Or, maybe that's just me! :dunno:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    S&W 6906 if you want old school metal. Also uses 5900 series 15rd mags that will stick out a bit but there are spacers to fill the gap. Or maybe a CZ 75 compact. I tried the 2075 once and didn't like it. Someone happened to have a compact cz75 and it was nice.

Scouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Orlando
    Ordered my Blue Box Glock 43X with factory fitted Ameriglo night sights. Perfect. For many years prior, my Glock 19 4th gen. TruGlo night sights, butt plug, extended slide lock (release!) Just waiting for the first tested and proven 15 round spare magazine for my 43X.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I haven't owned a polymer striker-fired pistol in years, and began thinking they were an abomination compared to all-metal CZs or officer-sized 1911 hammer-fired options. Until my son recently got a Shield Performance Center in 9mm. Holy goodness is that a pleasant little blaster to shoot, and plenty accurate. It just disappears in the summertime with shorts and a t-shirt. Now I have one too.

I'd highly recommend looking at either the Shield 1.0 Performance Center or a Shield 2.0 for the improved trigger. I prefer the less aggressive grip texture of the 1.0 model line, but that's a personal choice. Either of these options falls nicely within you budget.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    Thanks everybody for the tips. The last 2 guns I purchased were wheel guns and that was about 5 years ago.
    I have a couple of semi autos but looking for an upgrade.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm kind of stuck on the CZ line but they offer several options.
    75 Compact all steel with decocker versions available. DA/SA 14 round magazine
    P-07: Polymer frame DA/SA, 15 round magazine
    P-10C Polymer frame Striker fired. 15 round magazine

Top Bottom