• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm looking at getting a Glock 43 as a summer time take to work / cargo shorts front pocket EDC. I was carrying a 26 for a long time but new job makes for carrying it concealed less easy. As a mechanic I could just were a Dickies over shirt and no one would know but no longer in that field. Now I work maintenance at a local apartment complex and we have some questionable people that come around and I don't like being disarmed.

I've pretty much settled on the 43 I'm just looking for some real world experience with them. Anyone used the MagGuts +1/+2 adapters with them? Any info is greatly appreciated thanks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Have been carrying a 43X for several months now.

Not a fan of pocket carry, but I use a Kenai Chest Rig from Gunfighter (when rucking) or a belt line BladeTech when out and about in my fair city.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Glock 43 was my EDC from the time it came out. Until the Sig P365 replaced it because it held like 2x as much ammo.

But that aside....if you are set on the Glock 43, you will not be disappointed. It is a sleek, slim pistol but still easy to control/shoot. I have the Maggut +2 for it and I have had no issues with it. Lots of great aftermarket support. I also think the TLR-6 is a GREAT fit on this gun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not a Sig fan anymore. The older metal framed guns are cool but I don't trust the new polymer guns from Sig. Or Ron Cohen. Can't say the 365 isn't intriguing though

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Personally if your in apartment settings and not sure about some situations I’d stay with the g26 minimum or go to g27! But I’m of the mentality that there is no such thang as “overkill”

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I bought the 43 with the intention of maybe pocket carrying it. That didn't work for me personally, but I appendix carry it pretty much daily and love the thing. That being said, I really want the 43X since I have +2 extensions on my 43 magazines. That would give me 10 round magazines in roughly the same grip length my 43 has right now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I carry a g43 everyday. You cant go wrong. Carry a spare mag or 2 in a pocket. Put your g26 in a lockbox in your vehicle so you still have it too.

Buy a galco ankle holster. Dont use a mag extension in your pistol because it will stick out and show. Use it on the one in your pocket

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Personally if your in apartment settings and not sure about some situations I’d stay with the g26 minimum or go to g27! But I’m of the mentality that there is no such thang as “overkill”

In the apartments I have to think about the tenants. I can't freak them out if I walk in to fix a dryer carrying. Not that the owner will care much about me carrying ;) but it's mostly out of common courtesy for them that I will be pocket carrying or I'll be trying appendix carry as well.

There will be a G17 with extra mags locked in the truck as well.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I didn't care for it stock. I sent mine off to Wilson Combat and had the trigger replaced with something good, the slide release replaced with something that doesn't suck, some Wilson etchings and marks on the slide, and a TLR 6 to make it nice and bright. Now it's a good shooter, a great carry weapon, and easier on the eyes. Wilson turned it around in 6 weeks. Looks good now.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Practice with it. Single stack glocks have a slightly different feel if you're used to double stack. Also carry at least 2 extra mags. If you get in to a fight, you'll need them.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    In the apartments I have to think about the tenants. I can't freak them out if I walk in to fix a dryer carrying. Not that the owner will care much about me carrying ;) but it's mostly out of common courtesy for them that I will be pocket carrying or I'll be trying appendix carry as well.

There will be a G17 with extra mags locked in the truck as well.

I dont live nor base my personal security on the “mental continence” of others. If anything that gives me more reason to carry. To teach others and SHOW others that carrying a gun is not being on a warpath.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I dont live nor base my personal security on the “mental continence” of others. If anything that gives me more reason to carry. To teach others and SHOW others that carrying a gun is not being on a warpath.

Trust me these people complain enough. It's more about me not having to hear about it than keeping them calm to be honest.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I've pretty much made up my mind I just like hearing personal experiences others have had with something I plan to purchase

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The G43 works fine. Word is the MagGuts "guts" work fine as well, but I haven't tried them personally (they're on my list). Folks I know that have the P365 are happy with them so far.

As long as a gun is reliable, durable, and conceals well enough for your circumstances - you're probably the bigger variable.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I had a 43 and I liked it, but with each shot it moved up in my grip. I was able to keep a better grip with the extended magazine. I traded the glock and later bought a Sig P365. Fits my hand much better. Rent both and decide for yourself.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I carry a 43 all the time and love it
    Galco IWB, you can tuck your shirt in and no one will be the wiser.
    I have 4 mags for mine. 1 has the factory pinky rest, 2 have pearse +1 extensions with the pinky rest and the other has a +2 that I can't remember who made.
    I usually carry at least 1 extra mag in my left front pocket

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I didn't care for it stock. I sent mine off to Wilson Combat and had the trigger replaced with something good, the slide release replaced with something that doesn't suck, some Wilson etchings and marks on the slide, and a TLR 6 to make it nice and bright. Now it's a good shooter, a great carry weapon, and easier on the eyes. Wilson turned it around in 6 weeks. Looks good now.

I guess I got lucky. Mine worked great right out of the box.

Top Bottom