• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I have always used factory Glock mags, but I was at Rural King yesterday and saw mags for a G17 made by Magpul(Pmag) and by Promag; so I bought in...
    The Magpul (Pmag) cost $16.99 (17 rounds) NO round count holes.
    The Promag cost $15.99 (says 18 rounds) HAS round count holes.
    Anybody have any experience with these brands/mags?
    Factory Glock mags were $29.99, just wondering ...

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Another option are ETS Magazines. I have four of these for my Glock 17 and they have worked fine for me, admittedly in limited use. I have probable run rounds thru them 10 times since my purchase. I bought three 17 round and one 22 round from Grab a Gun while they were on sale for $56 bucks including shipping.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Typically anything Promag is junk. I have tried all of the other ones for Glock and stick mostly with OEM. I do have some Magpul ones and they are ok. My first experience with them was not good but found out that was because they dont get along with steelcase ammo.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    My Magpul mags have 1 witness hole at the 17 rnd mark (on the side, not the back). I have used Magpul and ETS mags at Steel Shoots and 2 gun matches in heavy rotation without any issues. ETS 17 rounders can be found for $12.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have troubles with at least one of my Magpul G17 mags hanging up with aluminum and steel cased ammo. The follower doesn't follow. I haven't tested it enough with brass-cased ammo to determine if it's ammo or the mag. Regardless, the Pmags I have are for range/training ONLY.

For carry, if I carry it, it's OEM ONLY.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I have troubles with at least one of my Magpul G17 mags hanging up with aluminum and steel cased ammo. The follower doesn't follow. I haven't tested it enough with brass-cased ammo to determine if it's ammo or the mag. Regardless, the Pmags I have are for range/training ONLY.

For carry, if I carry it, it's OEM ONLY.

Bear in mind that the mag is the heart of your firearm and you may be betting your life on that firearm so act accordingly.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I placed a police gear order. Unfortunately they were out of mags except had p mag for 12 ea. For that price I grabbed a couple for range use only. If they suck I'll pitch them. Already regret my purchase somewhat I only use OEM glock mags. We'll see how they go.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Anyone have suggestions for 45acp double stack mags. I have the standard glock mags but wanted higher capacity mags. So I bought 2 diff brand stick mags and they both work OK but not perfect like the standard. I think there Korean made. Then I bought one drum mag (Korean made) and it sucks. Do I just need to get a 9mm glock if I want such accessory toys?

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    No one makes better glock mags than glock. They also get much cheaper than $30 each if you wait for sales or hunt around.

$16 before shipping one month ago. Out of stock but these deals pop up fairly often: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/c6kbik/magazine_g17_gen_4_17rd_mags_1569ea_shipping_tax/

Agreed that Promag is junk. ETS is also very subpar in my experience. No experience with glock PMAGs but I use plenty of other magpul stuff.

I think the idea of a "range only" magazine can be troublesome, especially if using for a defensive firearm... gotta stay on top of keeping it clear away from defensive mags. But I know some guys that keep ****ty mags around to induce malfunctions on purpose for practice. I don't, I just toss bad mags as soon as I know they're bad.

but of course that's up to the individual.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have used both the OEM and Magpul. I bought 15 of the Magpuls. For the most part, after using them a few times, the Magul are fine. I do not use them for carry. They do not seem to eject as well as OEM. Noticed this numerous times during classes and matches run by Coach. OEM has no issues,

:twocents:

Bob

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have always had factory Glock magazines. Last week I purchased a Magpul magazine for a Glock 26. The magazine looks pretty cool. Neat lines and design. But, it is very squared at the bottom where the pinky goes and very uncomfortable for me. I Dremmeled it. That helped, but I will not buy another. Flush-fitting mags for 19’s or 17’s might be better and would not have the “problem” I had with the 26 magazine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ETS is VERY hit or miss. Ive got 2 great 33s. 3 others I have are jam-o-matics. I even tried adjusting springs but no joy. THey'd bind up about 3" down and stop feeding.

I think I may have thrown them out.

To their credit, ETS did try fixing the problem by sending me new springs, but those didnt help.

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    I use factory mags for carry use, obviously because I know they will work. I also have ETS mags, two 15 round mags and one 33 round mag (for a glock 19). I haven't used them enough to actually have full trust in them, but so far I haven't had any malfunctions with them that I can recall. So far, I would say they are great mags for the money.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I use factory mags primarily but do have 4 PMAGs. I’ve run the PMAG in multiple classes and range sessions with no hiccups but do roll with factory mags for carry.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Have had no complaints with pmags. Now that my glock is soon to be gone. I will use the pmags in my pc carbine which ran fine as well.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    IMO OEM mags only if it is for duty/self defense/home defense/carry/serious use, etc. I have some magpul ones that I haven't had any issues with, but I've heard enough people having issues with them to trust them for serious use. ETS are hit and miss, unless you just want a clear mag IMO your money is better spent elseware. Promag and the Korean mags are even worse IMO, if you want to use them at the range or for fun have at it, but I won't trust them for serious use.

Top Bottom