• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've bought 3 of these the TP9V2 which my daughter fell in love with so I got big brown eyed and surrendered it to her lol.

Liked it so well I bought the TP9SF. Then my nephew wanted it so I gave it to him. I liked it just as much as the v2.

Sooo

To replace it I bought the TP9DA. Same pistol just about. Has better sights, decocker is smaller than the V2's. Takes the same 18 or 20 Rd magazines.

I really liked all 3 of these pistols. The V2 and the SF I tested out of the box. Cleaned them, oiled them with Mpro7. And shot 1000 rds before cleaning again. I shot everything in them. Wolf, Remington, Winchester, Underwood, reloads. FMJ, HP, FP and SWC. No failures at all. Very accurate pistols.

I've only got 400 rds on my TP9DA so far so good. However, it's still got 600 rds to go before I feel satisfied.

Anyone else have any Canik pistols here?
    View attachment 79542
    TP9DA

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I picked up the tp9da last week. Put 100 rounds thru it yesterday. I really like the trigger and the dawson precision sights it came with as well.
    This is my first Canik and so far I give it a :yesway:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been a Springfield XD, Ruger, and S&W fan. I seen all the youtube videos on the Canik pistols and finally bought the V2.
    I was amazed to say the least. What got me in love the most was the grip. Then the Triggers on the Canik pistols are amazing out of the box too.

I had over 2,000 rds of ammo run through the TP9V2. Winchester white box, Russian steel case several different brands, Federal bulk pack, Hornady XTP hollow points, reloads. Doesn't miss a beat, never a failure to feed or eject. Accuracy was very good I could hit 8" round AR500 plate at 25 yards standing every shot. At 7 yds you can get 2" groups with any ammo standing up. The TP9V2 was so reliable and accurate. I felt it would be very reliable for my daughter to protect her, and my grandchildren. She came by one day while I was shooting it came down shot it around 100 rds said "can I have this daddy" big brown eyes giving me that look she always gave to get her way lol.

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    hand guns

THanks for your TP9 message. I have been considering that model. Classic Firearms has a great offer on the handgun w/2 magazines now that I have been considering. THanks for your endorsement/feedbsack.

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    hand guns

THanks for your TP9 message. I considered the Canik once in the past and missed the offer. Classic Firearms once again has a great offer on the handgun w/2 magazines. THanks for your endorsement/feedbsack. THis time I am taking advange of the sale.

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    Canik hand guns

Thanks for your TP9 endorsement. I considered the Canik once in the past and missed the offer. Classic Firearms once again has a great offer on the handgun w/2 magazines. Thanks for your endorsement/feedbsack. This time I am taking advantage of the sale.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have owned several Canik pistols and have not been disappointed. I started with a TP9V2 but like the OP let my youngest Son talk me out of it. I followed with a TP9SF and then a TP9SF Elite model. They are reliable and fit my hand very well.

I also have a Canik 55 which is a CZ75B compact clone. I am very fond of that one also.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I will say that dollar for dollar it has to be one of my favorite shooters. I have the tp9sa and I tell myself I need to take it out more than i do. I'm just infatuated with my cz and sigs. As far as striker fired goes it is very underrated

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have owned several Canik pistols and have not been disappointed. I started with a TP9V2 but like the OP let my youngest Son talk me out of it. I followed with a TP9SF and then a TP9SF Elite model. They are reliable and fit my hand very well.

I also have a Canik 55 which is a CZ75B compact clone. I am very fond of that one also.

Wow do they still make the Canik 55?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I have the same. It's my nightstand gun with a light on it. I also used to have a Tri-Star S120 (High Power clone). The Turks make some nice guns!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I will say that dollar for dollar it has to be one of my favorite shooters. I have the tp9sa and I tell myself I need to take it out more than i do. I'm just infatuated with my cz and sigs. As far as striker fired goes it is very underrated

I was actually going to by the CZ P-10 F instead of the TP9DA. I could not find any in stock on the Internet or my local gun shop. I did run across the TP9DA had experience with Canik in past so didn't hesitate when I walked out the door with it for $356.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I was actually going to by the CZ P-10 F instead of the TP9DA. I could not find any in stock on the Internet or my local gun shop. I did run across the TP9DA had experience with Canik in past so didn't hesitate when I walked out the door with it for $356.

I have not shot the p10c.. I have heard great thing and very much want one... until then, I can not speak on them.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I am a big fan of Canik, owning Canik SFx and an Elite plus 2 Canik/Tristar T-120s and a C-100. They are a best buy value in my book, I love them all.
    Canik has had some growing pains, mostly minor stuff, like too heavy recoil springs in their first run Elites and SFx and then a bad batch of firing pins in SFx. While Century has provided free replacement parts for these issues they won't pay for shipping on warranty work which makes minor issues a $70-100 cost for owners to send a gun back. Canik would be better off setting up a US subsidiary as Century's customer service will not help Canik's corporate image.

Wow do they still make the Canik 55?
    No, they dropped their hammer fired line (Tristars) last January. Its a shame because I really liked the weight and balance of their aluminum frame full size guns.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have the same. It's my nightstand gun with a light on it. I also used to have a Tri-Star S120 (High Power clone). The Turks make some nice guns!

I agree DD, the Turks make some good guns. I really like how light the Canik 55 is. I also have a Tri-Star S120 that I picked up from another INGO member. Mine is more of a full size CZ-75 clone. That one is steel and is kind of heavy especially compared to the 55 but nice none the less.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree DD, the Turks make some good guns. I really like how light the Canik 55 is. I also have a Tri-Star S120 that I picked up from another INGO member. Mine is more of a full size CZ-75 clone. That one is steel and is kind of heavy especially compared to the 55 but nice none the less.

You know, I think I stand corrected. The S120 was a CZ clone, not High Power. I've slept since I had it. :):

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I was gifted a SF and it’s got the nicest trigger. I would compare it to a PPQ/VP9 good. My only complaint is that the rail doesn’t look parallel with the barrel when a light is mounted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was gifted a SF and it’s got the nicest trigger. I would compare it to a PPQ/VP9 good. My only complaint is that the rail doesn’t look parallel with the barrel when a light is mounted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the money you won't find a better more reliable and accurate pistol with an 18-20 Rd magazines.

Top Bottom