• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I told my wife I wanted a Ruger Wrangler in Burnt Bronze for Christmas. She contacted Sean at Atkinson Firearms and after a couple of months he came up with one.

Wrangler Box.jpg

I won't see it again until Christmas. Any ranges open Christmas day?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While my guns are our guns, I may need to evolve to this program if it works in my favor.

I built her up a couple of fair AR's to run. She had serious medical issues and just not up to running a rifle anymore. I never even thought of selling them. She joined the forum...CKW....and had me help her post them and one of her pistols up. It was fun to see the hucksters and flippers swarm in. I never see any of that with my ads. Go figure but a couple of people had to be told about Forum Decorum.

It was a learning process for her. And I got a new CZ Shadow while she and the daughter went shopping......Win Win.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I consider my Christmases covered for life.
    A little over a year ago, my uncle gave my two brothers and me 50 acres of prime bottom land suitable for nothing but hunting. He put our names on the deed.
    The westernmost property line is the actual raised berm that was the tow-path for the old Wabash-Erie canal.
    A stones throw to the Wabash river, and one of the largest apple orchards in the state is less than 5 miles from my property.

This past season, my first hunting my new property, I harvested the largest antlered buck I've ever taken. It was a modest 9 pointer, and no record breaker, but a personal best.
    I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season, and every one after that...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I consider my Christmases covered for life.
    A little over a year ago, my uncle gave my two brothers and me 50 acres of prime bottom land suitable for nothing but hunting. He put our names on the deed.
    The westernmost property line is the actual raised berm that was the tow-path for the old Wabash-Erie canal.
    A stones throw to the Wabash river, and one of the largest apple orchards in the state is less than 5 miles from my property.

This past season, my first hunting my new property, I harvested the largest antlered buck I've ever taken. It was a modest 9 pointer, and no record breaker, but a personal best.
    I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season, and every one after that...

From college till recently, I heard stories like yours from my best friends who were big hunters (and fisherman).
    My best friend hasn't been able to travel to hunt, hasn't bought any licenses lately to even hunt locally (in WV) b/c of health issues and the like of not him but of family.
    Enjoy and take advantage of this time of your life and your good fortune! :thumbsup:
    When you have more stories of anything from deer, moose, bears or even rabbits, squirrels or birds: share them b/c I'm sure there are alot of us out there that miss those fun stories from friends. I even remember some funny turkey stories.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I hear about guys whose wives get them guns for a present.
    I'd settle for ammo. :dunno:

Eh, while I get it, I'd personally just pick up something myself if I really want it. My wife and I have kind of given up the whole gift buying thing over the years. She knows if I really am after something I'll figure it out and likewise with her. I'll occasionally pick up small things here and there for her, but anything of very specific interest is usually picked up ourselves.

Besides, while I can understand the sentiment of the OP... I'm grown. No need to wait for Christmas to enjoy an item that is sitting in a closet for 4 months, that I could be shooting now. It would be one thing if funds were short and needed to wait and save up for something, but it's bought and paid for. Shoot it.

Sorry if that comes off harsh, just my 2 cents.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Eh, while I get it, I'd personally just pick up something myself if I really want it. My wife and I have kind of given up the whole gift buying thing over the years. She knows if I really am after something I'll figure it out and likewise with her. I'll occasionally pick up small things here and there for her, but anything of very specific interest is usually picked up ourselves.

Besides, while I can understand the sentiment of the OP... I'm grown. No need to wait for Christmas to enjoy an item that is sitting in a closet for 4 months, that I could be shooting now. It would be one thing if funds were short and needed to wait and save up for something, but it's bought and paid for. Shoot it.

Sorry if that comes off harsh, just my 2 cents.

Not harsh, only reality of a long-time relationship.:)
    I am like you about the gift-giving with the wife.
    At Xmas, we come up with something to say we got for each other, but the wife says noone will ask.
    I got my story straight though.
    I remember 1 time 30 yrs. ago in our "poor" time, since we had gotten new washer/dryer around Xmas time, we just told people that is what we got for each other.
    Well, I found out that wasn't politically correct.
    If I want to buy something for the wife, I just do it and give it to her or if I want something I just buy it.
    I learned along time ago to not to surprise my wife with jewelry, or especially clothes, even furniture.

Top Bottom