• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Of course, on the day my two I ordered are delivered you post this.

Lol Ive been debating buying but got in on the m70 32acp when it was 149 after I bought one a month or 2 before for 199 with box and extra mag. Then I seen the ad when they first came out with these 81's.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked my two up. Both showed some wear but overall good condition. I ordered two with the intent of keeping the better and selling the other. I kinda wish I'd ordered one and paid the vig for hand select given the condition of guns some folks are receiving. One I received did have a ding on the rear sight but the visible notch was not affected. Overall I am pleased.

I just wish someone sold slim G10 style grips for these.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I decided I needed an 81BB so ordered a pair from Gander(didn't want to drive 100 miles each way for ONE pistol). Ordered Saturday not even thinking about the holiday but they still got there by Thursday. Forgot to check messages during the day so it was 3PM La Porte time when I learned they had arrived,....and I made the drive to Ft Wayne anyway. Just couldn't stand waiting another day to see what I got.

Both pistols are nice(Gander had them priced at 224.95 when I snagged them, ended up 250 each after tax/shipping). One has the white filled lettering which looks great like the 'stencil' that Classic is giving away. The other is nice but has a fresh scratch on the left side of the frame at the takedown lever lock pin. And just like the previous guns, looking at the feedramp and follower it doesn't look like either pistol has ever been fired.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have a CZ50, so I bought one as a "companion gun" from Aim.

I was pleased with it.

My cz50 from classic has been sitting in a container of clp for a little over a year as I wait to get it refinished. I will need to order a spring as ive lost that but its completely disassembled. I do have a cz70 but wanted to expand my cz collection.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just ordered one of the model 81's from Classic. I know it's a roll of the dice with them, but I've usually had pretty good luck and they had the best price at 209.95. Look like neat little guns.

Edit: Has anyone found anybody that carries spare magazines for these? I've checked Classic, J&G, Liberty Tree, AIM and Numrich with no luck.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just ordered one of the model 81's from Classic. I know it's a roll of the dice with them, but I've usually had pretty good luck and they had the best price at 209.95. Look like neat little guns.

Edit: Has anyone found anybody that carries spare magazines for these? I've checked Classic, J&G, Liberty Tree, AIM and Numrich with no luck.

I think gb is your best chance

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Best luck I've had getting spare mags for any gun is to ask at time of purchase of the gun. I think some of the vendors keep a few back for this, even though their website may show out of stock. I got several spares when I bought my scorpion evo, from DE Guns. Their website at the time showed 0 in stock. Of course it may not be a possibility with surplus guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I heard Berettas got a bunch overseas but wont import them. Maybe if more buy these and demand goes up they'll bring some over.

I saw one guy on a C&R facebook group that I belong to post that he used the model 84 (.380) mags and just modified the feed lips and said they worked in the 81, although he did say that sometimes they would lock the slide open with one round left in the mag.

And of course the first thing I read in that same thread was that Classic was blocking negative reviews of their 81's and that some people were getting crappy ones. :( Some did report that they were happy with theirs though. Hopefully I'll get lucky. I can live with cosmetic imperfections as long as it functions reliably.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I saw one guy on a C&R facebook group that I belong to post that he used the model 84 (.380) mags and just modified the feed lips and said they worked in the 81, although he did say that sometimes they would lock the slide open with one round left in the mag.

And of course the first thing I read in that same thread was that Classic was blocking negative reviews of their 81's and that some people were getting crappy ones. :( Some did report that they were happy with theirs though. Hopefully I'll get lucky. I can live with cosmetic imperfections as long as it functions reliably.

Most times its a crap shoot at classic or anywhere for that matter. Ive bought 5 guns from classic and had that cz50 that was crap looking but understood I bought it when they were trying to push out the rest of the stock. Plus most of the reviews are about the finish and not how she shoots.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the berretausa store online has them but they're spendy.

Wow! You weren't kidding about them being spendy! $48.50! :faint: But they're out of stock anyhow. Just for grins I put myself on their "notify" list in case they come back in stock, but honestly I don't know that I'd want to spend that much on a range toy.

Top Bottom