• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Kel Tec announced today a new 22LR pistol. Three 16 round magazines with a 3.93 inch threaded barrel. MSRP $199.00. Wonder how long till it hits the street and if the magazine will feed all 16 rounds ?

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Depending on how it feels in the hand, could be an awesome host. I’ve seen CP33s in store now so I’d guess we may see this December or January.

If it has a mag like the CP33, I don’t have any worries about it. I know the 22 Mag pistol can be particular about how the mag is loaded though.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    of 2021 or 2022?

Maybe. Maybe not. Seems to be hit and miss on who can get what from them and when.

I know of someone who had a CP33 over a month ago because it showed up and the shop owner called him. Saw another sitting in the store two or three weeks ago now. Likewise I’ve seen two or three of the 22 magnum rifles in stores recently.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kel Tec announced today a new 22LR pistol. Three 16 round magazines with a 3.93 inch threaded barrel. MSRP $199.00. Wonder how long till it hits the street and if the magazine will feed all 16 rounds ?

To be fair the 22WMR is a beast to run blowback, so its hit and miss performance in their PMR30 deserves a little slack.

If you arent familiar, the cartridge was designed in the 60s, and even through the 80s nobody was making semi autos because they were inherently hard to produce a reliable blowback operation. It wasnt until the late 90s I think that manufacturers finally got them semi reliable. (and many didnt even try due to the headaches or simply moved on to 17hmr as the new hot wildcat rimfire round)

From my understanding the PMR30 runs great as long as you use a specific round. (40gr CCI?)

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    To be fair the 22WMR is a beast to run blowback, so its hit and miss performance in their PMR30 deserves a little slack.

If you arent familiar, the cartridge was designed in the 60s, and even through the 80s nobody was making semi autos because they were inherently hard to produce a reliable blowback operation. It wasnt until the late 90s I think that manufacturers finally got them semi reliable. (and many didnt even try due to the headaches or simply moved on to 17hmr as the new hot wildcat rimfire round)

From my understanding the PMR30 runs great as long as you use a specific round. (40gr CCI?)

now for some history!. the Grendel p30 was manufactured in the early 90's, but did have issues, and wasn't very reliable, it was made mostly of plastic, had a 30 round magazine, and was a blowback design, and it was designed by a guy named George Kellgren
    the pmr30 is made mostly of plastic, has a 30 round magazine, is a hybrid blowback design (semi blowback, semi fixed barrel) and was designed by...wait for it...wait for it...a guy named George Kellgren!

I own a pmr30, and for the first thousand rounds, the only ammo it would shoot reliably was maxi mag 40 grain, after that, it shoots more types, but I also keep it lubed up really good with both oil and grease, in fact one of the best ammo's ive shot thru it was foicchi which im almost positive was a 36 grain bullet (even tho the manual says no foreign made ammo) and ive also had great luck with maxi mag TNT 30 grain ammo!, I don't shoot it very much because of the cost of better quality 22 magnum ammo, I work with a guy who has done the "fluff and buff" on his pmr30 and he says his will shoot any 22 magnum ammo even the cheep silver box Winchester and Aguila 22! (mine wont shoot either of them)

but i'll tell you what, everybody who shoots it grins and says I've got to get me one of these!, I work at a gunshop and when someone asks to look at the pmr30, I show them a video of people shooting mine, and 9 out of 10 buy one!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    now for some history!. the Grendel p30 was manufactured in the early 90's, but did have issues, and wasn't very reliable, it was made mostly of plastic, had a 30 round magazine, and was a blowback design, and it was designed by a guy named George Kellgren
    the pmr30 is made mostly of plastic, has a 30 round magazine, is a hybrid blowback design (semi blowback, semi fixed barrel) and was designed by...wait for it...wait for it...a guy named George Kellgren!

I own a pmr30, and for the first thousand rounds, the only ammo it would shoot reliably was maxi mag 40 grain, after that, it shoots more types, but I also keep it lubed up really good with both oil and grease, in fact one of the best ammo's ive shot thru it was foicchi which im almost positive was a 36 grain bullet (even tho the manual says no foreign made ammo) and ive also had great luck with maxi mag TNT 30 grain ammo!, I don't shoot it very much because of the cost of better quality 22 magnum ammo, I work with a guy who has done the "fluff and buff" on his pmr30 and he says his will shoot any 22 magnum ammo even the cheep silver box Winchester and Aguila 22! (mine wont shoot either of them)

but i'll tell you what, everybody who shoots it grins and says I've got to get me one of these!, I work at a gunshop and when someone asks to look at the pmr30, I show them a video of people shooting mine, and 9 out of 10 buy one!
    Have heard the Grendel magazines are worth more than the pistols.

Top Bottom