P365_SAS_02.jpg

Last edited:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I usually would pass o something like this , but Honestly the reduction in height from 4.3 to 4.1 has me interested. I’ve had a nook in mind where I needed something but 4.3 wont do... but....

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm not a Sig guy at all. But THIS is a really clever idea. Not only is there nothing to snag, but there should be no way those sights would ever be off-center. This just makes a ton of sense IMO.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Only possible downside to the porting is IF you are forced to shoot from retention. The porting is the main reason I would consider it. The interwebs drivel about porting blinding you at night is just that, drivel. I've only found one factory ported gun that has substantial recoil reduction from porting.
    I'll believe the 30% reduction in recoil when I try one but it does look promising. Don't knock it until you've tried it. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I always thought porting was a bit of an unecessary gimmick.Then I shot my son's PC Shield. Now I have one as my summertime EDC. To each their own opinion, but I'm a fan.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is different enough to stand out. Looks like the differences might actually add value too. I’ll wait to see but hope to get a chance to shoot one someday.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    What I will find impressive is if Sig takes the P365 into the realm that Smith & Wesson kind of goes and Glock NEVER goes....mix & match modularity.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What I will find impressive is if Sig takes the P365 into the realm that Smith & Wesson kind of goes and Glock NEVER goes....mix & match modularity.

You mean like Sig already does with the 320 (which seems well beyond what Smith does... as I see Smith & Glock doing similar things with various slide lengths/frame size combinations)?

Trying to understand what type of modularity you are talking about here.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Only possible downside to the porting is IF you are forced to shoot from retention. The porting is the main reason I would consider it. The interwebs drivel about porting blinding you at night is just that, drivel. I've only found one factory ported gun that has substantial recoil reduction from porting.
    I'll believe the 30% reduction in recoil when I try one but it does look promising. Don't knock it until you've tried it. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

My only concern with a ported carry gun would be the velocity lost through the ports possibly affecting bullet expansion. Especially with heavier grains in such a short barrel. Other than that, I really do like the idea and design of the anti-snag sights.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Test I saw on a Glock 19C observed 50-55 FPS with 124 GR and 147 GR bullets.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Test I saw on a Glock 19C observed 50-55 FPS with 124 GR and 147 GR bullets.
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

I'll state it again (as I did in another thread) I'm no ballistician... But if you remove 50fps from a 147gr 9mm - wouldn't that essentially put it in the 900fps category - give or take?

Anyone know how slow is too slow for a quality 147gr JHP?

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Sights look odd, but might make sense? Id definitey have to try the gun out. Big fan of my p365xl. I almost have 1000 rounds through it so far. No issues, so reliability is there. Has anyone seen a release date?

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I got the handle (but not shoot) one of these today. The “sights” are trick. They’re very easy to line up. We all know Sigs have required a combat hold for a long time, so covering the target partially with the slide shouldn’t really be a big deal. People talk about how tight you can group with any particular sighting setup, but targets you need to defend against rarely sit still. I think quick acquisition and following a moving target are far more important, and this should excel in that regard, similar to a red dot. Looking forward to shooting it.

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    I was able to see one of these yesterday also the sight is interesting, it’s like a flush fit RMR without batteries (fiber-optic and tritium) trying to drop the slide with the SAS controls was difficult. I’d like to see a Hellcat and a P365xl to compare. Lots of good choices for small EDC guns. Almost to many, a good problem to have!

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I don’t think they intend for the slide to be dropped any other way than slingshotting. One-handed racking is a valid point, though many people carry revolvers which hold fewer rounds and certainly cannot be reloaded one-handed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Reloading revolvers one handed can be done. It’s not fast and it’s a PITA, involving sticking the gun in a boot for part of the process, but it can be done.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Much like reloads during a "civilian" gunfight, one-handed racking is more of a "never used tool in the toolbox" vs something that actually needs to be done. Seriously. Look at the studies of civilian vs. bad guy gunfights. How many of them require a reload at all?

Speed reloads and 1-handed manipulations have their place. I absolutely do not deny that. But that place is relatively niche and is one of those "extras" that could/should be practiced after all the Major things have been perfected (IMO).

Top Bottom