• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Trying to help a non Gun friend, find something that is practical, yet easy to really conceal as in no sign of it no tell tale holster clips, seems to me it would be hard to do better than the newer lcp 380?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LCP is a good pocket gun. Not a good gun, but a good pocket gun for bad breath distance.

Wife had one and was good for CQB with it. Beyond 7 yards though, your chance of survival as the bad guy goes up exponentially.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If they tuck in their shirt, pocket carry is about as deep cover as it gets (with reasonable speed to access the gun). An untucked shirt with a proper appendix carry set up, like a G43, P365 or even a snubbie wheelgun (J-Frame or LCR), the gun is all but invisible. And easy to access. Ankle carry with a tiny pistol and the right holster can be done also.

Experimentation will be the best way to find out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A good pocket gun, like a P365, in a quality pocket holster is hard to beat. They will have to dress around it though, as pocket carry does not work well with tight pants.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I pocket carry a Kahr PM9 or Sig P365 and thanks to the in pocket holster it prints just like a current pocket comuter... er "smart phone".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A Sig P365 or Glock 43 would be easy to conceal with a belly band, "holster shirt," or smart carry/thunderwear.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    LCP is a good pocket gun. Not a good gun, but a good pocket gun for bad breath distance.

Wife had one and was good for CQB with it. Beyond 7 yards though, your chance of survival as the bad guy goes up exponentially.

Second this. For grab and go in a pair of shorts I like the LCP. It's easy to deep concealable, and the first generations can be found <200.

Nothing beyond 10 yards though. It's really nothing more than a way to get through someone standing in front of an exit door.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Second this. For grab and go in a pair of shorts I like the LCP. It's easy to deep concealable, and the first generations can be found <200.

Nothing beyond 10 yards though. It's really nothing more than a way to get through someone standing in front of an exit door.

Sounds like it may well serve a need, he is looking for a in case of emergency break glass, tool. Also i believe they are not pleasant to shoot?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don’t. I was invested in the P938 family when the P365 came out. If it were not for multiple P938s and a P238, I’d have a P365 by now.

Yeah, I get that. I thought I'd shoot one. I have this M&P 2.0 Compact that I "think" I can use for CC, but I'm already wondering if I was premature in selling my Shield. But then again, I lost my fondness for the Shield when I realized though it is thinner than my Compact it was only 1" shorter in length. If I need something smaller for deep carry, I want something significantly smaller than the Compact.

Who knows, I might go back to a snub nose, my original carry gun.:) See you Saturday.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Sounds like it may well serve a need, he is looking for a in case of emergency break glass, tool. Also i believe they are not pleasant to shoot?

I haven't found it that unpleasant at all actually. It's like any other pistol; just requires practice. The only handgun I really "enjoy" shooting is a 22 lr.

kashrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Hamilton co
    Deep concealment gun for carry or just for emergency glass breaking? For carry, the LCP and LCP 2 are hard to beat for size, weight and firepower. I agree with the others, it is difficult to shoot them with proficiency especially if he does not practice much. How big is your friend? large hands? This make a big difference in regards to the size of the handgun he will be comfortable with.

Glass breaking gun only/or maybe both, perhaps a small 22, 25, or 32 semi automatic would work better such as a Beretta 21A, 3032 tomcat. Very low recoil, easier to shoot especially if he doesn't practice much. Also cheaper ammo cost

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Deep concealment gun for carry or just for emergency glass breaking? For carry, the LCP and LCP 2 are hard to beat for size, weight and firepower. I agree with the others, it is difficult to shoot them with proficiency especially if he does not practice much. How big is your friend? large hands? This make a big difference in regards to the size of the handgun he will be comfortable with.

Glass breaking gun only/or maybe both, perhaps a small 22, 25, or 32 semi automatic would work better such as a Beretta 21A, 3032 tomcat. Very low recoil, easier to shoot especially if he doesn't practice much. Also cheaper ammo cost

He is not a big guy at all, small hands as well thats what made me think about the Ruger.

dan45

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    brownsburg
    try looking at the S&W Bodyguard in .380, very thin and has a manual safety for a little more comfort for someone new to carrying.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    try looking at the S&W Bodyguard in .380, very thin and has a manual safety for a little more comfort for someone new to carrying.
    I will argue AGAINST a manual safety for a noob carrying. Unless she will be drilling regularly with it so that the safety swipe becomes muscle memory, things are more likely to turn out bad for her. (as she draws and goes to squeeze off a round to the bad guy's face and it wont go bang.) This happened in Indy a couple years ago. A guy tried to intervene in a situation (armored car heist at a walmart?) and pulled his pistol on the BG and suddenly no bang. Bad guy dropped him like a sack of taters while the guy tried to figure out why there was no kaboom. Without the safety/with muscle memory he would have been the victor, instead he is no longer with us. :(

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve got to dress business casual for work, so baggy pants won’t cut it for me. I carry my PF9 in a pocket holster and it conceals very well. Although I’m garbage past 10 yards with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If they tuck in their shirt, pocket carry is about as deep cover as it gets (with reasonable speed to access the gun). An untucked shirt with a proper appendix carry set up, like a G43, P365 or even a snubbie wheelgun (J-Frame or LCR), the gun is all but invisible. And easy to access. Ankle carry with a tiny pistol and the right holster can be done also.

Experimentation will be the best way to find out.

I'll go you better on ankle carry. With 6" high lace-up boots I can carry a Glock 19 in my Galco Ankle Glove comfortably all day. Of course it also carries a Glock 23 if you want serious fire power. How comfortable is it? I walked into an elementary school one morning and forgot I had it on. When I raised my left leg to climb a step ladder I about had a heart attack. I hurriedly retreated to my truck and took it off. OMG!!!

Top Bottom