Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Anyone have a Shield 2.0 9mm and hate it?

Curious as to the consensus on the Shield 2.0 in 9mm.

I think I've only held one in a shop - and that was when they were first out. I've certainly never shot one.

Have one and hate it?

Love it more than the 1.0?

Hate it and wish you'd have gone with a 1.0?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Well, I have a M&P Shield 1.0 9 mm. I don't hate it but I hardly love it. Hard to say if I would have liked the 2.0 better as I have never shot one.

As for the Shield 1.0 trigger, I would rate it somewhere between mediocre and poor. The recoil spring is stiff enough that it is a little difficult for me to rack the slide sufficiently rearward to engage the slide catch. The slide catch is crude in design and will not release the slide with all the pressure I can put on it with one hand. My hands are a bit on the large size. The front of the narrow grip feels a bit like I am trying to grasp a dull axe head.

I will be interested to find whether those who have owned both the 1.0 and 2.0 Shield feel that the 2.0 was noticeably better regarding any of these issues.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I currently own the 1.0 and I can say that I agree with the above statement on the trigger. ^^

I've never been too fond of the trigger in the Shield, and I've also felt like the gun sits a little too high in my hand. I replace carrying the shield with a Walther PPS M2. I think the Walther has better sites, and better trigger. Shield is a decent gun, especially for the price point.

I do also own an M&P 9C 2.0 and I enjoy it. Dimensionly, it's almost identical size as a Glock 19. Trigger is 'okay'. I don't think it's anything special, but I haven't had any issues with it. I've been accurate with it. So I have experience with both the 2.0 line, and the Shield line, but not the Shield 2.0...

User Info Menu

I love it, and it is more accurate than the 1.0 that was my favorite 9mm CC for months (an eternity for me ).
    I had to try the 2.0 out when I had a chance to buy one for $325 (I think).
    I just wish it would have had better capacity, the 10, 12 & 13 round magazines spoil you on some of the small guns.

User Info Menu

OP, if you're looking at a 1.0 version on the cheap, then buy the one without the external thumb safety. Their triggers seem to be a little more crisp. I have a 1.0 non thumb safety model and while the trigger is on the heavier side(probably about 7-8#), it hits a significant wall on the takeup and breaks extremely crisp. I would consider it an excellent defense trigger. I've had no malfunctions with mine. I've put about 500 rds through mine and ankle carry it almost daily.

User Info Menu

From what I've read, if you already have a 1.0 then it's really not worth upgrading to the 2.0. Unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy another gun, which I do.. frequently.

User Info Menu

Had the original 1.0 9mm. Sold it, bought the 2.0 9mm for the grip and better trigger. Great little pistol.
    Steve

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Have a 1.0 that I carried for a couple of years. When the 2.0 came out, I fondled it in the LGS and rented it at the range, but didn't care for it. The trigger is a bit better than the original, but I really don't like the grip texture on the 2.0 series of pistols. It was a bit more accurate as well, probably due to the slightly nicer trigger. Decided single stack guns weren't for me and my 1.0 sits in the gun safe now while I carry my CZ P10C with an extended mag every day.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    I love it, and it is more accurate than the 1.0 that was my favorite 9mm CC for months (an eternity for me ).
    doddg I'm shocked at how long you kept this one!!!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Have a 1.0 that I carried for a couple of years. When the 2.0 came out, I fondled it in the LGS and rented it at the range, but didn't care for it. The trigger is a bit better than the original, but I really don't like the grip texture on the 2.0 series of pistols. It was a bit more accurate as well, probably due to the slightly nicer trigger. Decided single stack guns weren't for me and my 1.0 sits in the gun safe now while I carry my CZ P10C with an extended mag every day.
    I somewhat agree with the statement about the grip. While I enjoy the rougher texture in my hand, I don't like it at all when carrying it in a holster that rubs against my skin.
    I think the grip does a great job of keeping the gun stable in my hand, granted it's a 9mm and the recoil isn't bad anyways, but when I carry, the grip often rubs against my skin. I can honestly say that this is very irritating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast