• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked this up Sat. b/c it was a good value.
    Never had a Kimber in anything and have read much about this revolver and became available in the Classifieds just low enough to entice me ($625).

It is "identical" in size to my light Ruger LCRx .38 sp, and the Kimber has that additional round in it, so that's a plus for a small CC (but twice the cost).
    But, the SW 10-6 .38 sp. house gun revolver could also be replaced with the Kimber.
    No economic advantage in selling both and keeping the Kimber.
    The Ruger is really light, and the SW shoots so accurate at the range, but none of these are range toys anyway.

20' using 3 brands of .38 sp. ammo.
    CXGNgN9.jpg

30' shooting against the Ruger LCRx & SW 10-6 with the middle target the Kimber using .357 ammo.
    aN8u4uo.jpg

20' with different ammo used for Head & Torso.
    noBRNJq.jpg

20190903-202552.jpg
    20190903-202651.jpg

20190903-202719.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I like the sights on the Kimber - a big white dot front sight is about the only type I can see with any degree of clarity these days. Really need to get my new prescription!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK here we go again. You bought what I would consider a stellar offering in .357 and you ran 38 special in it. Turn in your man card.
    You guys kill me. If you want to run 38 buy a.........wait for it.......38.

If you buy a hand cannon use it as such.

Man cards are accepted for return at any man card drop box.

:):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I haven't purchased my first revolver yet but this one does seem worth a look at.

If you want a .357, you need to give the Ruger LCR series a look (small, light, great trigger, recoil fine), and of course Ruger's GP or SP series is classic.
    This Colt Cobra was fine also.
    This Kimber is small, like the Ruger LCR if you need that.

I like the sights on the Kimber - a big white dot front sight is about the only type I can see with any degree of clarity these days. Really need to get my new prescription!

Yes, they are great.
    However, with my tri-focals, I can't even see the white dot on the front site unless I crank my head up so I can see out of the middle lens instead of the distance top lens (then I can't see the target :dunno:).
    I think I need a new hobby! :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK here we go again. You bought what I would consider a stellar offering in .357 and you ran 38 special in it. Turn in your man card.

I can't quit laughing! :laugh:
    Yes, my man card has been challenged upon more than 1 occasion, especially recently over the Ruger SR1911 10mm rounds being under-powered that I ran through it. :dunno:
    I did run a chamber of the .357 through it as well, and I was not quite as accurate with it, but fine for a defense gun.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Man card drop box. I am so using that one.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

This again? Really?

Which 38 should he buy that offers real sights (not a gutter sights) and is a 6-shot?

Hell, 95% of what I run through my 686 is 38s because it’s a caliber I enjoy.

Doddg - Enjoy your guns the way you​ want to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This again? Really?

Which 38 should he buy that offers real sights (not a gutter sights) and is a 6-shot?

Hell, 95% of what I run through my 686 is 38s because it’s a caliber I enjoy.

Doddg - Enjoy your guns the way you​ want to.

Hush you.......:p

Yes really.

Read it in purple. Seriously. See the laughing guy........:dunno:

It does kill me when I see a beautiful gun being emasculated like that. Someone told me he runs 44 special in his magnum. I did not even know that was a thing. Who thinks like that.

Ask WT how much grief I gave him at the SGE for doing this with that excellent S&W .357 with all the Boss Hoss love.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hush you.......:p

Yes really.

Read it in purple. Seriously. See the laughing guy........:dunno:

It does kill me when I see a beautiful gun being emasculated like that. Someone told me he runs 44 special in his magnum. I did not even know that was a thing. Who thinks like that.

Ask WT how much grief I gave him at the SGE for doing this with that excellent S&W .357 with all the Boss Hoss love.

I know you enjoy giving grief. Good to have someone to toss some back. :)

I ran 44 Special and 44 Mag through the 629. I enjoyed the 44 Spl a lot more than the magnums. They were comical, while the magnums were just there. Ran fine, big boom more recoil. Same with 38s vs 357s. 357s run just fine and make a big boom, but just meh. I’ll stick with 38s most of the time.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I sometimes shoot 22 shorts in my Single Six when I don't feel like dealing with the recoil.

:rofl:That sir, is top grade humor! :rofl:

I started to my main gun range and would have been there at 6:30 pm, but while driving there I called to make sure I could put some time in before they closed at 7 pm (wanted to run some .357 through my Kimber :)) and some more rounds through my Ruger SR1911 10mm before it sold), and they said they were already cleaning up the range.
    OK, I get it, no problem.

So, I ran down to Point Blank in Greenwood to use up one of my passes and I stood in line for the range for 25 minutes (at least) while the person waited on someone who was signing up for a membership and had all kinds of questions.
    There was at least one other person who was doing nothing who it seems could have processed me through to the range.
    After about 25 minutes, I gathered my rifle case, bag of guns and shells, and another bag of targets and a gun rest and left.
    The woman who was getting all the attention turned around to me and apologized after about 20 minutes, and I just said they must be understaffed this evening.
    I really wanted to put some rounds through the Kimber and the Ruger LCR, and 2 other guns I'd brought.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know you enjoy giving grief. Good to have someone to toss some back. :)

I ran 44 Special and 44 Mag through the 629. I enjoyed the 44 Spl a lot more than the magnums. They were comical, while the magnums were just there. Ran fine, big boom more recoil. Same with 38s vs 357s. 357s run just fine and make a big boom, but just meh. I’ll stick with 38s most of the time.

You are now on the same list as the dodger.........:p

Top Bottom