Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Semi-Moderator
    Bigtanker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    SIG 320 fires in it's holster in PA

    https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0

    On Aug. 26, SEPTA officials say an officer’s SIG Sauer P320 pistol discharged while still in its holster during rush hour inside of a subway station. No one was injured in the incident, and an investigation remains ongoing.

    I'm wondering what kind of holster they used. Info remember that when using a WML, some holsters left the trigger a little more open. I'm wondering if maybe that is the case.


    Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

    How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

    # 22951

  2. #2
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0




    I'm wondering what kind of holster they used. Info remember that when using a WML, some holsters left the trigger a little more open. I'm wondering if maybe that is the case.

    Even given the known issues with the P320, I am skeptical of the story that the gun discharged of its own accord as implied by the limited information in that article. People do stupid things with guns all the time and then lie about it afterward to avoid consequences. I can, however, easily envisions a careless person holstering a gun while wearing something with a loose drawstring or pull that got caught in the holster with the gun, then later some random movement pulled it tight enough to actuate the trigger. I can also envision otherwise inexplicable gross negligence that no one will ever admit being involved. I have trouble believing the gun discharged with no external input of work or energy.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  3. #3
    '12 Chevy 1500 HO KokomoDave's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Gremlins.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

    Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

  4. #4
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KokomoDave View Post
    Gremlins.
    Those . . . bastards!



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  5. #5
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Even given the known issues with the P320, I am skeptical of the story that the gun discharged of its own accord as implied by the limited information in that article. People do stupid things with guns all the time and then lie about it afterward to avoid consequences. I can, however, easily envisions a careless person holstering a gun while wearing something with a loose drawstring or pull that got caught in the holster with the gun, then later some random movement pulled it tight enough to actuate the trigger. I can also envision otherwise inexplicable gross negligence that no one will ever admit being involved. I have trouble believing the gun discharged with no external input of work or energy.
    ^^THIS^^

    There is lack of info in the story and as an agency trainer can tell you whe. "Those staff" screw something up it's never their fault (sarcasm) To me I'm thinking hey used this as an excuse to get different guns in the name of "safety ".

    Perhaps more info will come out later. I'd love to hear the rest of the story

  6. #6
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ECS686 View Post
    ^^THIS^^

    There is lack of info in the story and as an agency trainer can tell you whe. "Those staff" screw something up it's never their fault (sarcasm) To me I'm thinking hey used this as an excuse to get different guns in the name of "safety ".

    Perhaps more info will come out later. I'd love to hear the rest of the story
    The full story will go to the graves of any witnesses!



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  7. #7
    Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The full story will go to the graves of any witnesses!
    Right next to Julian Assange. You know, after he commits suicide.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

  8. #8
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Right next to Julian Assange. You know, after he commits suicide.

    You mean after he's Vince Fostered? Oh, wait, that's Jeffrey Epsteined now.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  9. #9
    Expert bgcatty's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I’ll bet someone is trying to hide their own incompetence in handling the pistol. Bravo Sierra on this guy’s story, er, fantasy.

  10. #10
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Guns doing things without permission again. When will they learn ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge