• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelp...rap-sig-sauer-pistols-after-incident#stream/0

On Aug. 26, SEPTA officials say an officer’s SIG Sauer P320 pistol discharged while still in its holster during rush hour inside of a subway station. No one was injured in the incident, and an investigation remains ongoing.

I'm wondering what kind of holster they used. Info remember that when using a WML, some holsters left the trigger a little more open. I'm wondering if maybe that is the case.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelp...rap-sig-sauer-pistols-after-incident#stream/0

I'm wondering what kind of holster they used. Info remember that when using a WML, some holsters left the trigger a little more open. I'm wondering if maybe that is the case.

Even given the known issues with the P320, I am skeptical of the story that the gun discharged of its own accord as implied by the limited information in that article. People do stupid things with guns all the time and then lie about it afterward to avoid consequences. I can, however, easily envisions a careless person holstering a gun while wearing something with a loose drawstring or pull that got caught in the holster with the gun, then later some random movement pulled it tight enough to actuate the trigger. I can also envision otherwise inexplicable gross negligence that no one will ever admit being involved. I have trouble believing the gun discharged with no external input of work or energy.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Even given the known issues with the P320, I am skeptical of the story that the gun discharged of its own accord as implied by the limited information in that article. People do stupid things with guns all the time and then lie about it afterward to avoid consequences. I can, however, easily envisions a careless person holstering a gun while wearing something with a loose drawstring or pull that got caught in the holster with the gun, then later some random movement pulled it tight enough to actuate the trigger. I can also envision otherwise inexplicable gross negligence that no one will ever admit being involved. I have trouble believing the gun discharged with no external input of work or energy.

^^THIS^^

There is lack of info in the story and as an agency trainer can tell you whe. "Those staff" screw something up it's never their fault (sarcasm) To me I'm thinking hey used this as an excuse to get different guns in the name of "safety ".

Perhaps more info will come out later. I'd love to hear the rest of the story

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ^^THIS^^

There is lack of info in the story and as an agency trainer can tell you whe. "Those staff" screw something up it's never their fault (sarcasm) To me I'm thinking hey used this as an excuse to get different guns in the name of "safety ".

Perhaps more info will come out later. I'd love to hear the rest of the story

The full story will go to the graves of any witnesses!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ll bet someone is trying to hide their own incompetence in handling the pistol. Bravo Sierra on this guy’s story, er, fantasy.

Top Bottom