• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm still hesitant to run an optic on my defensive handgun, I would like to hear from people that actually have run the RMR in the rain. Do you see multiple dots?, any issues long term?.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My RMR dual has been through years of abuse. Rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, mud. Then last year I slid down a drainage tube into thigh high muddy water (Run-n-Gun event). I dropped the gun hot, got DQ'd. It had worked for about 8 shots. I noticed it stopped working after that drop. Trijicon fixed it in about a week. I bought an SRO after that so I still think they are damn tough sights.

I haven't had any multiple dots or obscured lenses. There's a hole in the side of the sight. Blow through it and it cleans everything well enough to use.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My RMR dual has been through years of abuse. Rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, mud. Then last year I slid down a drainage tube into thigh high muddy water (Run-n-Gun event). I dropped the gun hot, got DQ'd. It had worked for about 8 shots. I noticed it stopped working after that drop. Trijicon fixed it in about a week. I bought an SRO after that so I still think they are damn tough sights.

I haven't had any multiple dots or obscured lenses. There's a hole in the side of the sight. Blow through it and it cleans everything well enough to use.

Did you use one of those "seal plates" for your RMR?

OP: I think if you look through Aaron Cowan / Sage Dynamics YouTube channel you may find a video about it. He's kind of Trijicon's unofficial / unpaid torture-tester/reviewer for All Things Red Dot.

What I've gathered is that many folks will use RainX on the RMR lens to help with water shedding. Also - if you're aiming with both eyes open, as you should, you should still be able to see a superimposed dot over your target even if the lens is spotted up.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Mine was an RMR Dual so no battery hatch on the bottom to worry about. The tritium still worked, the fiber optic illumination quit.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I had an issue one time in the rain when I was taking a night fighter.... basically the dot no longer looked well like a dot. it was all fuzzy and cloudy..... there was still enough in the center to tell where the dot should be.... but it made me question whether I should go for the acro next

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had an issue one time in the rain when I was taking a night fighter.... basically the dot no longer looked well like a dot. it was all fuzzy and cloudy..... there was still enough in the center to tell where the dot should be.... but it made me question whether I should go for the acro next

I been seriously thinking about the Acro but looks like the battery life is not there, Sage dynamics has a 10000 rdn review and at setting 8 or 9 the battery drains rather quickly.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have decided that I'm going to give a Trijicon SRO a try, I put a few rounds through one last Sunday and I find it more user friendly than the RMR. I gave the Acro some consideration but in the video says Aipoint is fixing some issues and I don't think the Acro is ready in my opinion, I do think that the red dot has a lot of benefits but is far from perfect so I will split my trigger time between irons only and a red dot equipped handgun.

Top Bottom