• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Love mine. It hates steel cased ammo.

Any idea why, specifically? Disappointing to hear, not being a cheap whore who eats Tula is kind of a dealbreaker to me.

The Security Nine is really impressive on paper for stoopid cheap, I really want it to live up.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have one and like it fairly well. It is 100% reliable with commercial brass and my reloads. I've never tried steel case in it. I don't carry it but wouldn't hesitate to if it was needed.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Any idea why, specifically? Disappointing to hear, not being a cheap whore who eats Tula is kind of a dealbreaker to me.

The Security Nine is really impressive on paper for stoopid cheap, I really want it to live up.

The first magazine went fine then fte on a few in the 2nd mag. By the 3rd mag it was every other one and I quit. Took it home and cleaned it and have had no issues shooting brass. Several forums I am on have many people with the same problem. It has been theorized it is the laquer on the cases melting and causing it to gum up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Laquer cored steel cased ammo is the pits. Avoid that stuff at all costs. I have not had problems with Tulammo, Wolf poly or the domestic steel cased stuff.

Have not shot the Security 9. But I like the way it looks and feels and the price point. I would like to buy one just to play with at the range but really don’t need another handgun laying around just because. $300 for a medium sized 9mm from a reputable manufacturer is tough to argue.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've got the Compact Security 9. Have put about 250 rounds through it with no problems. About half of those were my home brew reload with a coated 147 gr LFN over 3.4 of Titegroup @ 950 FPS for an IDPA match. Gun ran like a champ. Not really a precision piece, you'll get 4-5" groups at 25 yds, but good enough for defense. The trigger in mine is superb, probably about 4.5#.

I'm thinking of picking up the full size for a beater truck and field gun. LGS has one for $249.

Only complaint is the slide stop is very stiff and tiny, you really need to overhand the slide for reloads.

Top Bottom