• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Hi Guys. Someone in our family recently passed and the widow has asked that we sell a couple of guns for her. I am not much of a 1911 guy so I was looking for some help getting a value on this Colt model 70. If I am looking up the serial number correctly it appears to have been manufactured around 1976 or 1977. I would grade it NRA very good to excellent condition. Thanks in advance.

76296-5277.jpg

Edited1911.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry for your loss and that gun is in excellent shape. In that condition the box it came in will add value if you still have it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Thank you Leadeye. I will see if we can locate the box.

I've got one from the same era, not as nice though. It was an MCSD auction gun from back in the day before they melted guns. With a gun as nice as yours collectors pay good money for the box.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    With these old 60's and 70's Colt's having the box is key to maximize value. This one looks pretty good but I don't think you'd get anywhere near the high end that Mongo posted. There's a nice one on GB right now with the box and everything with a buy now in the 1300's that's still sitting.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My brother in law has taken on the task of selling it. Based on the information given here I advised him to start it at 1200 and see what happens. It will not be listed on INGO. Talking to relatives I believe it was purchased for 1100 several years back. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Top Bottom