Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Need Colt Model 70 Value

Hi Guys. Someone in our family recently passed and the widow has asked that we sell a couple of guns for her. I am not much of a 1911 guy so I was looking for some help getting a value on this Colt model 70. If I am looking up the serial number correctly it appears to have been manufactured around 1976 or 1977. I would grade it NRA very good to excellent condition. Thanks in advance.

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Expert

User Info Menu

100% 1800
    98% 1550
    95% 1200
    90% 900

Blue Book Gun Values 39th edition
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Expert

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    100% 1800
    98% 1550
    95% 1200
    90% 900

Blue Book Gun Values 39th edition
    Thank you Mongo59. I appreciate it.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss and that gun is in excellent shape. In that condition the box it came in will add value if you still have it.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Sorry for your loss and that gun is in excellent shape. In that condition the box it came in will add value if you still have it.
    Thank you Leadeye. I will see if we can locate the box.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    Thank you Leadeye. I will see if we can locate the box.
    I've got one from the same era, not as nice though. It was an MCSD auction gun from back in the day before they melted guns. With a gun as nice as yours collectors pay good money for the box.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

With these old 60's and 70's Colt's having the box is key to maximize value. This one looks pretty good but I don't think you'd get anywhere near the high end that Mongo posted. There's a nice one on GB right now with the box and everything with a buy now in the 1300's that's still sitting.

User Info Menu

My brother in law has taken on the task of selling it. Based on the information given here I advised him to start it at 1200 and see what happens. It will not be listed on INGO. Talking to relatives I believe it was purchased for 1100 several years back. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the thread.