• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    After a few hundred rounds I started having some feeding issues with my .45 1911. I read that the mags from Rem. are an issue so I called them.

The rep was very unprofessional, advised me that when I bought "that thing" the warranty was 2 years and has passed. The same gun now is "limited lifettime", which he did his best to convince me that that was no guarantee they would fix it, going on about not using steel case ammo etc. I thought the gun was made out of paper mache' when he was done.

The gun is now gone and Im a never Remington guy...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After a few hundred rounds I started having some feeding issues with my .45 1911. I read that the mags from Rem. are an issue so I called them.

The rep was very unprofessional, advised me that when I bought "that thing" the warranty was 2 years and has passed. The same gun now is "limited lifettime", which he did his best to convince me that that was no guarantee they would fix it, going on about not using steel case ammo etc. I thought the gun was made out of paper mache' when he was done.

Well I was treated very similar by Springfield CS.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You can often track a lot of feed issues in a 1911 to the Mags being used. Did even look into other options beyond the crap mags that came with the gun. I can understand how you felt but really, when I hear of warr. issues these days I just smile because Warr are often useless. I have gotten good responses from Ruger and Mossburg but I most always just fix the thing myself.

AjKilgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Northern Area
    The 1911 i bought for my father as a birthday gift (with him, just paid for it not the paperwork) had feeding issues too. We were lucky enough to have warranty kick in and they fixed the issues but it was rough out the git go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 1911 i bought for my father as a birthday gift (with him, just paid for it not the paperwork) had feeding issues too. We were lucky enough to have warranty kick in and they fixed the issues but it was rough out the git go.

What model/make did you buy for him...???

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I use the Remington mags in my Remington 1911.
    Cycles and feeds perfectly fine.

Never really had a problem with it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My Dan Wesson works great!

I asked a 1911 expert what brands I should consider he was right!

Buy once cry about it and enjoy a 1911 that works like a sewing machine!

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    I've run over 10,000 rounds of factory or reloads thru my RIA GI 1911 without missing a single beat. Use the factory 8 round mags, or some surplus GI 7 rounders. I do pull off the base plates and clean out the insides of the mags and the springs, then reassemble them with a very light coat of BreakFree.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Welcome aboard. Been there done that but with a model 700. I'll never buy a firearm from them again.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I bought my Springfield 1911A1 GI model used. When I took it to the range I found that the rear sight dovetail was loose, so I fixed it.

I have never had a feed problem I run Milspec 7's Kimber 8's and CMC 10's and all run fine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Curious as to why?

Brand new in the box Springer TRP Tactical bull barrel. Flagship gun in that line up. Low left shooter. 7:00 low every round. Let others shoot is and yes, it was terribly off. Not enough adjustments in the sights to get it back up on center of the steel plates in the bays at MCF&G shooting from 7 yards. Seriosly PO'd about this.

Several discussions with a few very snarky and condescending CS reps and finally got a shipping label to return it.
    I marked a few components in off view areas. When I got the gun back the rear site was still jacked right of center off the pin and the gun still shot left just not as badly. They stated it was on me as all they did was adjust the sights. :bs:
    The barrel had been changed out. Still not right. And they lied about it. I went up the ladder at Springer to some suit in the front office (or so he stated) and had a vigorous e-mail/phone exchange to which it ended with me telling him to screw himself.
    I took the gun out to Allen and we converted it over to a 10mm and it is freaking deadly now.

Screw Springer. Twice.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Brand new in the box Springer TRP Tactical bull barrel. Flagship gun in that line up. Low left shooter. 7:00 low every round. Let others shoot is and yes, it was terribly off. Not enough adjustments in the sights to get it back up on center of the steel plates in the bays at MCF&G shooting from 7 yards. Seriosly PO'd about this.

Several discussions with a few very snarky and condescending CS reps and finally got a shipping label to return it.
    I marked a few components in off view areas. When I got the gun back the rear site was still jacked right of center off the pin and the gun still shot left just not as badly. They stated it was on me as all they did was adjust the sights. :bs:
    The barrel had been changed out. Still not right. And they lied about it. I went up the ladder at Springer to some suit in the front office (or so he stated) and had a vigorous e-mail/phone exchange to which it ended with me telling him to screw himself.
    I took the gun out to Allen and we converted it over to a 10mm and it is freaking deadly now.

Screw Springer. Twice.
    Holy crapola. Glad the XDM I got when obama got in was a good one, I love it. I wont be looking their way anymore...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Holy crapola. Glad the XDM I got when obama got in was a good one, I love it. I wont be looking their way anymore...

This pans me. I have been and still am a fan of anything 1911 Springer has made. I have pushed this on anyone that would listen and think that from this many new Springers were sold as a result.

My personal issues with them are not something I want to push on you or anyone else. If you have anything they offer and you like it then big cheesy grin from me. Enjoy and continue to support that marque.
    I have picked up a few used ones lately and have one out at AllenM's for a complete make over.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    This pans me. I have been and still am a fan of anything 1911 Springer has made. I have pushed this on anyone that would listen and think that from this many new Springers were sold as a result.

My personal issues with them are not something I want to push on you or anyone else. If you have anything they offer and you like it then big cheesy grin from me. Enjoy and continue to support that marque.
    I have picked up a few used ones lately and have one out at AllenM's for a complete make over.

Any time I hear of customer service issue you describe will result in my excluding them from future business. Im tired of companies like Remington and from what you say Springfield treating customers like that.

Top Bottom