The Hellcat, Springfield's Hi(er)- capacity compact.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    https://www.recoilweb.com/springfield-armorys-all-new-hellcat-micro-pistol-153120.html

11+1 flush fit mag, 13+1 extended mag. 1" wide. Flat trigger.

xxHC9319BOSP_LA-Extended-Shield_1.jpg

The new Hellcat boasts a small footprint, measuring 1-inch wide, 6-inches long, and 4-inches tall. The barrel is 3-inches in length and the whole package weighs just 17.9 ounces for the OSP (Optical Sight Pistol, Springfield’s nomenclatures for its optic-ready models) version, with an empty flush-fit magazine. Yes, with the right holster, this pistol disappears under a t-shirt while boasting a class-leading 11+1 9mm capacity. An extended 13+1 magazine is also included to bump up capacity by an additional two rounds.

Iron sight model available also.

HC9319B_LA-Extended_1.jpg

[video=youtube_share;m0lW9wIz07o]http://youtu.be/m0lW9wIz07o[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like Sig P365 has a competitor. :) Looking forward to range reports on this one.

The most interesting thing about this to me is that there is no grip safety. I hope this is a trend that Springfield Armory continues. I really like the XD pistol except for the stupid, unnecessary grip safety. Would buy an XD 45 Tactical without a grip safety in a heartbeat.

Not thrilled about the name. Hellcat? :rolleyes: Might as well engrave a Punisher logo on the slide and stamp "Smile, Wait for Flash" on the barrel.

And not sure I know where to hold it without the helpful "Grip Zone" labeling. :):

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I missed the missing grip safety.

Personally, I don't mind it. When re-holstering, it's one more safety feature that I think is good. After several years of training, competitions and EDC, I've never had an issue with either my XDm or XDs.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    I don't mind the grip safety either. It gives an additional safety when holstering. It never really bothers me one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I like having a grip safety on my XDM, however I have developed a preference for hammer fired guns and don't really want to go back to strikers.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If they go the way the P365 and the XDs did, a 4" barrel version shouldn't be too far away.

Just have to wait for one to show up here in the classifieds.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I am in for sure. I checked out that optic on top and it's $400:(. I don't know if I like the way that one looks either. I wonder if the Vortex one would fit on this too?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guntalk has a video out comparing this to the Sig P365.

[video=youtube_share;m0lW9wIz07o]https://youtu.be/m0lW9wIz07o[/video]

Big Flounder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Huntington
    Glad to see these new offerings coming out but being that I prefer to carry a compact size vs a sub compact, I'll pass on this one. I do look forward to some range reviews though.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm currently considering buying something for deep conceal, but unless he street price is significantly lower than MSRP, I'll have to pass.

I'd have to shoot one first this time around. No more buying guns based on online chatter. I'm not usually a fan of bladed triggers so for this one, I'd have to get substantial rounds down range before I'd pull the trigger on one.

Oh, and I'm not so crazy that they named it after a performance Dodge Challenger.:)

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If I wasn't so anti Springfield due to the anti 2a shenanigans they pulled I would be interested. Will continue lusting for a p365

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Looks like Sig P365 has a competitor. :) Looking forward to range reports on this one.

The most interesting thing about this to me is that there is no grip safety. I hope this is a trend that Springfield Armory continues. I really like the XD pistol except for the stupid, unnecessary grip safety. Would buy an XD 45 Tactical without a grip safety in a heartbeat.

Not thrilled about the name. Hellcat? :rolleyes: Might as well engrave a Punisher logo on the slide and stamp "Smile, Wait for Flash" on the barrel.

And not sure I know where to hold it without the helpful "Grip Zone" labeling. :):

FWIW...I believe that the name Hell Cat harkens back to the name of a US WWII fighter aircraft.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I wonder what the mag looks like? I thought I had read that Sig had a patent that was expected to lock others out of a competing size Pistol.

Top Bottom