• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Looking at possibly getting the performance center m&p fullsize with ported barrel. Anyone have one of these? Would probably end up putting the apex flatty on it as well.

Primary use:
    Be more of a range toy than carry handgun. Except maybe in the winter i would carry it OTW.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I have a PC Shield. It's a good reliable gun, nice FO sites and the trigger is much better than a regular shield. The porting does help with muzzle flip some but I carry it with an unported barrel.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Another PC Shield here. Mine is the 1.0 version, which I picked because the 2.0 grip texture is a bit rough for the way I carry (AIWB). That said, I used to think porting was silly until my son got the PC Shield. After shooting his I had to have one. I think the porting does help take the snappiness out of such a small package, and it's a pleasant and plenty accurate shooter with a nice trigger. Recoil is on par with my CZ compacts, and IMO better than the larger and heavier RAMI I used to own. I know you're more after full-sized M&P PC feedback, but FWIW (as a die-hard metal and hammer-fired CZ guy), I'm a S&W PC fan.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    performance center m&p ported.

Looking at possibly getting the performance center m&p fullsize with ported barrel. Anyone have one of these? Would probably end up putting the apex flatty on it as well.

Primary use:
    Be more of a range toy than carry handgun. Except maybe in the winter i would carry it OTW.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks in advance.

I have one. Its been a spectacular firearm with an Apex trigger. Out shoots every other M&P I have/had.

bc79f4461f73b9da13a45c2e0e7bd99e.jpg

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have one. Its been a spectacular firearm with an Apex trigger. Out shoots every other M&P I have/had.

bc79f4461f73b9da13a45c2e0e7bd99e.jpg

Very nice, exactly what i was looking at. How did you get the apex down to under 3lbs? I thought i read online they go to about 4-4.5lb? Also, it looks like you have the regular 2.0 next to it. Would you say the performance center is much more pleasant to shoot with the porting? Or is it not as noticeable as one would think.

Thanks for response.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Very nice, exactly what i was looking at. How did you get the apex down to under 3lbs? I thought i read online they go to about 4-4.5lb? Also, it looks like you have the regular 2.0 next to it. Would you say the performance center is much more pleasant to shoot with the porting? Or is it not as noticeable as one would think.

Thanks for response.

The trigger weight is due to a combination of factory and Apex springs (don't recall the exact mix) along with some polishing. The price you pay is that the reset is weak. That doesn't bother me - YMMV.

I would say the PC gun is all around better to shoot than the 2.0. Maybe that is because I want it to shoot better or because the PC parts have a little better tolerances? The porting makes a very nominal difference.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I just bought one for my fiancee. She has been shooting a Model 3913 for 10 years. But, I let her shoot my Walther Q5 Match at the Revere's Riders Ladies Only Basic Pistol last Spring. She liked it so much, I was afraid I might lose it.

So, I found a S&W Performance Center M&P 9L CORE on gunbroker, put a Vortex Venom from A&A Optics and had Indy Arms Co install an Apex trigger on it. Then, I gave it to her for her birthday.

We've only put a few magazines through it; but, it is a sweet and easy shooter. The iron sights co-witness with the optic. The trigger is perfect, not too light with just a bit of take up and a crisp break and reset.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I'm interested in these as well specifically for the slide cuts for optics. My eyes have a hard time focusing on iron sights nowadays so I'm looking to try out the red dot sights.

I've been looking around for the Performance Center Slide Kits to upgrade my 1.0 M&Ps to be optics ready but they're a bit hard to find nowadays especially the #11873 9mm slide kit.

I did find a good deal on a 9mm M&P PC Full Size on Gunbroker just recently for $500. Should hopefully receive it sometime this week.

Last edited:

mikew773

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I have an M&P Pro Core 9 and installed an Apex Tactical Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit. I used the 4lb spring in the kit rather than the 3lb spring. It is a great gun! However, I did buy a non-ported aftermarket barrel for mine. Personally, the ported barrel doesn't seem to improve my accuracy and I don't care for the barrel flash through the ports when firing. IMG_20191009_170615 resized.jpg

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    performance center m&p ported.

Just picked mine up yesterday. All dressed up and range ready. It also came with a stainless ported barrel, but will stick with the micro compensator for now.

I love the extra grippy backstraps on the PC version of the M&P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom