• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Any INGO members own or have any experience with Glock’s Gen5 19 FS? I saw it on Glock’s website yesterday and am very interested in it but haven’t seen one in person yet.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Not to be snarky.....but it will be a Glock 19 Gen 5 with some front serrations. Basically a Glock 19 you can do easier press checks on.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Snarkiness not withstanding, my current Gen5 G19 has the cut out in the grip. Pearce bottom plates for the mag fill that nicely. The reason for the post was to get feed back from people that may have had actually experience with that particular version. I do appreciate your restraint in the snarky department though.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Dang it! I was devoid of snarkiness and hoped to get my quota. I feel cheated. Somehow a little dirty. Maybe in another post!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The new G19 FS strikes me as Glock finally getting the Gen 5 right. I was not a fan of the cut out. I like the FS too but those don’t make a huge difference for me either way.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Don't care for the look of the front serrations on my G48. I am also considering a G19 MOS but looks like the FS are part of the deal. Indoor range over in Ohio has a G19 for rental but I think it is a Gen 4 or earlier. Have until Nov. 11th to take advantage of the Veteran's discount program.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    As for the front serrations, I can take them or leave them. The cut out in the grip on the first version bothered me more than I thought it would. Now that I look back at the introduction of that version,I can’t believe Glock thought that was a good idea.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    As for the front serrations, I can take them or leave them. The cut out in the grip on the first version bothered me more than I thought it would. Now that I look back at the introduction of that version,I can’t believe Glock thought that was a good idea.
    The front cutout was requested by the FBI on the original "M" models. Since Glock has now dropped the cutout maybe they didn't think it was such a good idea.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Had an opportunity to check out a Gen 5 19 FS at the Valpo gun show this morning. Found out the version I have with the Pearce base plate that fills the cut out feels better than the updated grip. Might be because of the size of my hands. Anyway was glad to have the opportunity to check it out. Picked up a new Spyderco PM2 and the wife got a Sting Ring from Hilda’s in the back section. All in all, it was a good day.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I picked up a Gen5 MOS FS recently and have been having a lot of fun with it. I had a Gen5 when they first came out but never really liked the front grip cut, glad they fixed it. Just put on an RMR and it's working out well.

z1GqxWG.jpg

IjC7ztN.jpg

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I picked up a Gen5 MOS FS recently and have been having a lot of fun with it. I had a Gen5 when they first came out but never really liked the front grip cut, glad they fixed it. Just put on an RMR and it's working out well.

z1GqxWG.jpg

IjC7ztN.jpg
    I see you have the sights to co-witness. Nice setup.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

z1GqxWG.jpg

IjC7ztN.jpg

I'm arguing with myself on whether to go with this gun or a G45 MOS for my next Glock. Seems as if it only makes sense to go with the newest generation and have the MOS option, regardless of whether it's used right away or not?

They all fit in the holsters I already have, right?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm arguing with myself on whether to go with this gun or a G45 MOS for my next Glock. Seems as if it only makes sense to go with the newest generation and have the MOS option, regardless of whether it's used right away or not?

They all fit in the holsters I already have, right?

For me it was a toss up between the G19 and G45 I would've been happy with either one. If you don't use the MOS option right away most sight manufacturers make sights that work with the relocated rear sight cut just fine. Gen 5's because of the ambi slide release might not work well with older gen holsters. I tried mine in a kydex G4 holster I have and it seemed to work fine and if I heated it a bit it would be even better but it doesn't have a red dot cut anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m thinking about getting a Gen 4 G23 cut for an RMR. I really wish Glock would make a Gen 5 G23 FS but know that will never happen. I might have to give the G19 FS a shot some time.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I recently won a drawing for a new Glock, I stopped by the LGS to pick one out, and settled on a Gen 5 G-19.
    I wanted one without the half moon grip cutout and front serrations, but they only offered it in the MOS.
    So I took the basic F.B.I. type model.

Top Bottom