• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I thought I'd try a non-Glock. Bought a full size CZ P10 Optics Ready, because I like using a red dot on my pistols. Bought the extra plate you have to buy to use an RMR (even though every other manufacturer includes some plates). Went to mount my RMR and, guess what? The sights are too low to use through the RMR (which is funny, because the Glock MOS and the M&P CORE both include taller sights).

Do I hop online and buy some taller suppressor sights? NO, I DON"T. Because none are made. By anyone. The optics ready pistol uses different sights than the non-OR P10.

Christ. I'm so done with CZ already. Pretty much don't care how it shoots. How can you offer an 'optics ready' pistol, and not even have an option for using iron sights through the red dot? Blows my mind.

Don't make my mistake. Don't buy CZ. Nickel and dime bull$%*t to make you buy plates and not even have necessary options available. Or, if you must buy CZ, buy a P10C Suppressor Ready pistol, and have the slide milled.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Other than that, how do you like it? :):

I have the P10c and a P10f and wouldn't trade either of them for 2 Glocks. Mine are not OR pistols, though. YMMV

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man all of this can be overcome. Maybe the commies dont do the co-witness.

I have several CZ's and love every one of them. But I have put a lot of nickels and dimes into them which I knew full well was going to happen when I put down my cash. Just saying.
    Sorry this is not working out for you.

Love-em or dont they are fine pistols.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    My M&P (w/ Faxon Hellfire slide) is the only pistol I have with a red dot that co-witnesses. My other red dot guns do not have iron sights. Those pistols & revolvers are used for steel challenge, bullseye, and other sport shooting. If the battery dies, I have extra in my range bag. I do not care for the co-witness option, the iron sights just get in the way. I can understand wanting that for a defense gun, if the dot fails you still have sights. If it is not a defense gun. don't worry about it; co-witnessing is unnecessary.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    :dunno: the whole rds on a EDC still doesn't set right with me. For competition, I'd want the irons out of my way completely. OP had a certain expectation the pistol failed to realize. Lesson I learned was research what you want to do and if it's possible before putting the cash down.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have bought a few optics ready pistols and NONE of them came with OEM sights that co-witnessed with an RMR (my prefered RDS). I had to add suppressor height sights to all of them to get the co-witness.

However, the one option is to go with the Shield RMS / RMSc. These MRDS co-witness with standard height sights.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I haven’t shot a pistol with rds but I don’t think I would want co witness

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Co-witness allows for use of iron sights in red dot goes down. With a red dot, you do not need to align the iron sights to shoot on target and the red dot is on target no matter what your angle of observation through the window. All of my EDC guns have red dots and all are co-witnessed. It really is the best of both worlds.

weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Co-witness allows for use of iron sights in red dot goes down. With a red dot, you do not need to align the iron sights to shoot on target and the red dot is on target no matter what your angle of observation through the window. All of my EDC guns have red dots and all are co-witnessed. It really is the best of both worlds.

I don’t like co witness on a rifle either I like the irons in the lower 3rd I think co witness is just too busy for me but that’s just my preference. Not knocking it.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So OP are you going to be listing the gun in the classies? I'm sure you will find a buyer if you price it right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I run an RMR RM07 on my P10S and while the sight is not really a true co-witness, I can shoot reasonably well with the RMR off. The top of the front sight can just barely be seen through the optic, which is as much a co-witness as I need. I’m really happy with this gun so far. The trigger is very good for a striker fired gun. I have to put money into my Glocks to get a mediocre trigger up from the mess they ship with. The CZ came with a really nice trigger that needs nothing. Granted, it only costs about $8 for a + connector to get a decent trigger on a Glock but you also pay the price in terms of a heavier pull to get that wall and break.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Okay, I grant you, after thinking about it, my glock 19 mos came with standard sights. But there are lots of glock sight options, and they are almost all interchangeable regardless of model. That's good engineering and value. (CZ has different sight patterns for every two or three guns! Why??)

My M&P Performance Center CORE came with suppressor height sights.

"co-witness" might have been the wrong term. I like to be able to use the irons through the red dot, in more of a lower 1/3 configuration. I don't have any race guns. I expect them all to serve as tactical pistols, if called on, and that is the way I train. If the red dot goes down, there should be irons as a back up. Two is one . . .

I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it yet. I may well. Sucks to take that hit. If I wait a while, I'm sure someone will make suppressor height sights for it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Okay, I grant you, after thinking about it, my glock 19 mos came with standard sights. But there are lots of glock sight options, and they are almost all interchangeable regardless of model. That's good engineering and value. (CZ has different sight patterns for every two or three guns! Why??)

"co-witness" might have been the wrong term. I like to be able to use the irons through the red dot, in more of a lower 1/3 configuration. I don't have any race guns. I expect them all to serve as tactical pistols, if called on, and that is the way I train. If the red dot goes down, there should be irons as a back up. Two is one . . .

I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it yet. I may well. Sucks to take that hit. If I wait a while, I'm sure someone will make suppressor height sights for it.

The CZ after market has been slow to com around.

Question....did you try CGW's or Cajun customs. Dawson was supposed to have sights for a few of the models. The P10 is new by comparison

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

The CZ sight issue is frustrating. I don’t know why every model seems to get model specific sights. What was wrong with the P07 style sight cuts that would have made them need to change on the P10? Or, for that matter, what was wrong with the 75B sight cuts that caused a new style for the P07? I can understand the need to change up the OR ready style sights on the P10 because the original P10 style sights were larger than would fit with an optic. But, had they just stuck with the 75B style cuts through all of the models, that would not be an issue and we’d be seeing much larger aftermarket support for a single style.

CZ, just pick a sight cut and stick with it already!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    :dunno: the whole rds on a EDC still doesn't set right with me. For competition, I'd want the irons out of my way completely. OP had a certain expectation the pistol failed to realize. Lesson I learned was research what you want to do and if it's possible before putting the cash down.

I really had no choice, my aging eyes can not focus on the front site. And those stupid upside down range bifocals are not an option for every day use. Once I committed to it, and trained, I shoot faster and more accurately.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I really had no choice, my aging eyes can not focus on the front site. And those stupid upside down range bifocals are not an option for every day use. Once I committed to it, and trained, I shoot faster and more accurately.

I've heard the merits to the rds, I personally love them. I guess I'm just to stubborn to accept them for EDC.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

That’s what drove me to try a red dot too. Aging eyes and shooting with bifocals suck. The RMR takes 20 years off of my eyesight age. If I’m doing EDC and stuff happens, I’m going to struggle to see irons on a good day, so seeing them through the RMR is probably not going to happen even if I had a good co-witness.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've heard the merits to the rds, I personally love them. I guess I'm just to stubborn to accept them for EDC.

You have young eyes. Give it 25 years and you will appreciate how much better you can shoot with what vision you have left at that time using a red dot.

Top Bottom