• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I'm wanting to stretch out the distances that I shoot my steel plates at so I picked up a Raptor Engineering mount and a Holosun 507C. The mount and dot went on without any issues and sight in was a breeze. I know some members here have had issues with the 507C, but PSA had them on sale recently for $220 so I went with it. The circle/dot configuration, and the dot's smaller 2moa size, seems to be perfect for what I'm doing.....finger's crossed it holds up!
    Here's what she looks like now:

C8bJEzJ.jpg

SZ7TuUI.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    629 with a red dot= lots of fun
    I'm wanting to stretch out the distances that I shoot my steel plates at so I picked up a Raptor Engineering mount and a Holosun 507C.

Nice looking set up! The size of the Holosun looks right on the 629. I like the Raptor mount too - have one on a used Smith 586 and mounted a Burris Fastfire III on it and first time out fired fired one of my best targets ever at 50 yards.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My 629 has a similar mount from Allchin Gun Parts that replaces the rear sight and a Vortex Razor red dot. It’s a awesome light weight combo that works really well. I think I will be taking it to the woods to see if I can connect with a deer this season.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Having so much fun with the 629 I decided to put a Venom on my GP100. Used another Raptor Engineering mount that fit perfectly.

GP100 1.jpg
    GP100 2.jpg
    Both revolvers 1.jpg

Next up, maybe a 617 for some rimfire giggles...??

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Having so much fun with the 629 I decided to put a Venom on my GP100. Used another Raptor Engineering mount that fit perfectly.

Thanks for posting the GP100 with the Venom. If I run across a good deal on a GP I now know what adding an optic will look like.
    Yeah the 617 would be a great choice to set up with either of the red dots.

Top Bottom