• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    So the wife insisted on getting a .380 for carry. My addiction for CZ wanted her to become a CZicko but we had to opt for a Ruger LCP II which she also insisted on after shooting one. It really got me thinking, why does CZ USA not sell a .380? I found info on a CZ 83 chambered in .380 online but do not even know if they are produced any longer or if they just do not import into the US. And maybe I am just missing the fact that they are available in the US. How about it Czickos, anyone have info?

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I agree the LCP is too snappy in the wrist and I tried to tell her she would not like to put 100 or more rounds through it at a time. But, what do I know? Isn't the woman always right? I tried to get her to get a 9mm but no go there either. My guess is that she will take it to the range a couple times and not like it as much as she thought she would. It will then be relegated to a summertime shorts wearing pocket pistol for me. I guess $239 isn't bad for a summer carry gun. Wonder what she will want to go with next?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I agree the LCP is too snappy in the wrist and I tried to tell her she would not like to put 100 or more rounds through it at a time. But, what do I know? Isn't the woman always right? I tried to get her to get a 9mm but no go there either. My guess is that she will take it to the range a couple times and not like it as much as she thought she would. It will then be relegated to a summertime shorts wearing pocket pistol for me. I guess $239 isn't bad for a summer carry gun. Wonder what she will want to go with next?

Well the Desert Eagle is a bit larger much softer shooting. But seriously my wife was carrying her first gen LCP, out to the range, it lasted about oh 10 minutes, then it was relegated to space ocupier in the safe. She has since switched to a SR 9 C.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The CZ83 is a great shooter but may be on the large size for her to carry (due to her size, much more than a TCP conceals my wife rather than the other way round). Keep looking around and you can find them in the 250-350 range. there are certainly plenty to be had still but they will not be new at a LGS.

CZ82 is in 9mm Makarov. In the same ballpark as .380 power wise but not nearly as available.

Several guns in the Beretta 81 series: 84 is double stack, 85 is single. both are larger than the CZ83 and very fine pistols but also very heavy recoil springs. Expect to pay 500+ for them though. Chiappa used to, now Zenith imports the MC14, a closed-top-slide knockoff of the Beretta 84 that's actually not bad. can be had for 3-400.

Don't give her a TCP unless you want to dodge it when she throws it back at you.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The CZ83 is a great shooter but may be on the large size for her to carry (due to her size, much more than a TCP conceals my wife rather than the other way round). Keep looking around and you can find them in the 250-350 range. there are certainly plenty to be had still but they will not be new at a LGS.

CZ82 is in 9mm Makarov. In the same ballpark as .380 power wise but not nearly as available.

Several guns in the Beretta 81 series: 84 is double stack, 85 is single. both are larger than the CZ83 and very fine pistols but also very heavy recoil springs. Expect to pay 500+ for them though. Chiappa used to, now Zenith imports the MC14, a closed-top-slide knockoff of the Beretta 84 that's actually not bad. can be had for 3-400.

Don't give her a TCP unless you want to dodge it when she throws it back at you.

Classic firearms has surplus 81's for $209.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Classic firearms has surplus 81's for $209.

Random related info for the day...
    "81 series" include models 81-89. (model 80 was already taken and is unrelated)
    81: double stack .32
    82: single stack .32
    83: single stack .380 4" barrel
    84: double stack .380 3.8" barrel
    85: single stack .380 3.8" barrel
    86: single stack .380 tip up barrel
    87: 22lr
    87 Target: longer barrel, railed top, SAO
    88: ?
    89: 22lr target

While looking those up I found they also made the Browning BDA 380 which is basically the same but with a closed top slide and slide mounted safety.
    The Chiappa/Zenith MC14 is based on the 84FS

Top Bottom