• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I just got this big fella Monday from Plainfield Shooting Supply. I took it out Saturday for some first shots at Deer Creek Shooting range (nice outdoor range run by DNR if you are familiar). I was amazed at how well it shot stock. I have already replaced the grips with the thin aluminum ones. I am thinking my next mod will be ammo, lots and lots of ammo. It was a real pleasure to shoot. Anyone else a 97b fan?
    1cc1fc89b16325db199a012031e13405.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The 97 is a great platform out of the box but if you want to step it up a couple levels you may want to check out Cajun Gun Works! They have many options to take the 97 from a great shooting stock .45 to a phenomenal shooting gun.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    The 97 is a great platform out of the box but if you want to step it up a couple levels you may want to check out Cajun Gun Works! They have many options to take the 97 from a great shooting stock .45 to a phenomenal shooting gun.
    I have three other CZs that have cajun pro kits in them. I am sure this will get the same treatment some day. I agree with u the Cajun stuff is great.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Last time I saw one in person it was 800+ at the lgs. So yeah it is cheap compared to some 1911's, but it is way more than my 75B.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    Last time I saw one in person it was 800+ at the lgs. So yeah it is cheap compared to some 1911's, but it is way more than my 75B.
    I didn't pay anywhere close to that. I wouldn't have got it for that price.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I have a 97 that was converted by CGW to SA and its the best shooting 45 I own or have ever shot.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I have a 97 that was converted by CGW to SA and its the best shooting 45 I own or have ever shot.
    I am just curious on why you would prefer SA only? I have seen where several people do that, but don't quite understand why the preference.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I am just curious on why you would prefer SA only? I have seen where several people do that, but don't quite understand why the preference.

I have converted quite a few CZ's to SAO and it has several advantages for a range gun. I remove the firing pin block parts consisting of the fp block, fp block spring along with the FP lifter arm & lifter arm spring. By removing the fp block parts you can drastically reduce the take up on the trigger and shorten reset by way of the change in geometry of the straight trigger along with proper adjustment of the reach reduction screw & over travel screw. The disconnector is removed as it's function is to provide a sear face against the trigger bar face giving you the DA use and is just an extra moving part after converting to SAO. With polishing all the internals this gives you a 1911 ish short, crisp breaking and light as you want trigger with different spring choices for a safe 2 lbs. up to 4 lbs. trigger break.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    Holy crap! I thought $399 was the going rate on these!
    Retail on CZ USA is 729. I didn't pay that much for mine. I got mine 100 less than that. It is a bit of an investment for sure. The cool thing is the owner of the shop knew I wanted it and sat it back two weeks before I could get there to pay and pick up. That is customer service for sure. He told me when I showed if I didnt want it no big deal he would put it out and someone would take it. I was thankful he held it for me.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I have converted quite a few CZ's to SAO and it has several advantages for a range gun. I remove the firing pin block parts consisting of the fp block, fp block spring along with the FP lifter arm & lifter arm spring. By removing the fp block parts you can drastically reduce the take up on the trigger and shorten reset by way of the change in geometry of the straight trigger along with proper adjustment of the reach reduction screw & over travel screw. The disconnector is removed as it's function is to provide a sear face against the trigger bar face giving you the DA use and is just an extra moving part after converting to SAO. With polishing all the internals this gives you a 1911 ish short, crisp breaking and light as you want trigger with different spring choices for a safe 2 lbs. up to 4 lbs. trigger break.
    This for sure gives me something to think about. It will be a range toy for sure and I will go with CGW setup. I have had three guns done so far (Rami, PCR, SP01 Tactical) and I am very happy with how they turned out.

Top Bottom