• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I purchased a P365XL last Saturday at my local Rural King on a whim. I really like my P365 so I figured what the hell right. When I got home I went to check the trigger reset on it. Literally, I could not rack the slide at all. Felt like I was going to rip the skin off my thumb & fingers! I released the trigger & got it to rack but it was not very smooth at all. Tried a couple of more times with the same result. So I broke it down to take a look & didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. When I was putting the slide back on there is a noticeable catching point towards the end. Adding some oil helped slightly (you can rack it after the trigger press but it takes some oomph) but did not fix the issue.

I was just curious if anyone else has ran into this issue? I found a couple YouTube videos with the same issue but not much else. I've emailed Sig today (work 12 hour nights so calling is hard with my schedule) & am curious to what they will say. I'm sure I'll be sending it in so we'll see what happens. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Swap your slide with the non-XL slide and see what happens. That way you should be able to tell if it's the slide or frame/fire control group.

The let SIG deal with it.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Thanks for the idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that. So it's definitely the XL slide that's the issue. Same problem on my P365 frame & my P365 slide racked smoothly on the XL frame.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not familiar with the striker system in that pistol but can you take the striker out like a G****? I wonder if the channel is clean.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I had the same issue when I first got my 365xl. The more I shot the gun, the easier it became to reset the trigger by working the slide during dry fire. I don’t know what causes the issue but it did go away after approximately 500 rounds.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    500 rounds?? Sounds like the bull :poop: Agency told a friend about his Glock.. Shoot it 1000 rounds and it will work fine. :laugh: Call Sig and ask for a return shipper and if it were me I would be a very unhappy customer. Someone at Sig that assembled the gun had to notice that kind of issue and it should have never made it out of the building. ..
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…Glock/ M&P Certified armorer[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Dumb question I know... But did you check it out at the store before you purchased it?

Granted it should have never got past quality control but let’s face it every company lets stuff like that get out. It’s how they take care of the mistake that counts.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Dumb question I know... But did you check it out at the store before you purchased it?

Granted it should have never got past quality control but let’s face it every company lets stuff like that get out. It’s how they take care of the mistake that counts.

Rural King. So I doubt it.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Well if that’s the case I would find a different place to purchase from. No way would I purchase a gun without being able to do a basic function test.

The positive side of this, Sig’s customer service is first rate and turnaround time will probably be a week.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Thanks for all the replies. Rural King trigger locks all their firearms, so no I could not check the trigger or the reset. They changed the release on the slide back plate from the P365 design & when I tried to remove it I felt like I was going to snap the retaining piece off. So I was unable to check the striker channel. I don't feel like I should have to shoot X amount of rounds to smooth it out (i.e. unneeded wear on the part causing the issue) especially for what the gun costs. I just hadn't heard of this issue with the gun with everything I did see being positive unlike the P365. I'll see what Sig says & go from there. Stuff like this happens but it just sucks when it does.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well if that’s the case I would find a different place to purchase from. No way would I purchase a gun without being able to do a basic function test.

The positive side of this, Sig’s customer service is first rate and turnaround time will probably be a week.

Agreed, and why I won't purchase a gun there again myself.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Thanks for all the replies. Rural King trigger locks all their firearms, so no I could not check the trigger or the reset. They changed the release on the slide back plate from the P365 design & when I tried to remove it I felt like I was going to snap the retaining piece off. So I was unable to check the striker channel. I don't feel like I should have to shoot X amount of rounds to smooth it out (i.e. unneeded wear on the part causing the issue) especially for what the gun costs. I just hadn't heard of this issue with the gun with everything I did see being positive unlike the P365. I'll see what Sig says & go from there. Stuff like this happens but it just sucks when it does.

You shouldn’t have to shoot XXXX amount of rounds out of a production gun before it functions correctly, custom built guns at tight tolerances, yes most of the time before they are 100% reliable.

All of my Sigs have been 100% reliable from day one out of the box. Try sigtalk.com for tips on how to remove the rear plate. I have a P365 and remember reading the XL was different, they can tell you the proper way to remove it.

Sig should be able to email you a FedEx 2 Day label today and if you get it in the mail right away you will probably have it back next week unless they can diagnose the issue over the phone and correct it that way. Could be one of the employees at Rural King took it apart and screwed it up during reassembling.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    This was the response I got from Sig. I really don't know where to start. They know that a step of the function check they list in the owner's manual will not work properly. Also, if that's the case then why is it just some of the firearms affected & not all of them? This was not normal for my P365 at all.

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting SIG Sauer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The disconnector and corresponding notch are what is impeding the slide from pulling back as instructed in step 10 of the function check procedures in the manual. The disconnector is under spring tension, so you will have to use more force than expected to overcome the notch. This will have no effect when the pistol is fired and as the spring breaks in, it will become easier to pull the slide back with the trigger pulled. This is normal and to be expected in a P365 and P365XL. [/FONT]

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    So you didn’t call them?

Sometimes it’s difficult to describe issues in an email. How many times have you read something on here and thought you knew what the poster was talking about and it turned out to be something completely different. By talking to someone on the phone it allows both parties to check for understanding. Otherwise you receive the standard response as quoted above.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So I finally got a chance to call Sig today & was not happy with the response I received. Basically I was told the same thing as in the email of that I just need to shoot it to "break it in" & it should loosen up and smooth itself out. If I wanted to send it in to be looked at it would cost me $55 since it wasn't "technically not a malfunction /warranty issue with the firearm". I told him there is no way I'm paying to ship a brand new firearm that I haven't even shot yet & that I have never had an issue like this with any other handgun I've owned. For them to act like it is normal seems ridiculous to me. I've had guns with tight springs that made it more difficult to rack but not like this where I feel like I'm going to rip my fingertips off just checking a trigger reset. I feel like they just totally blew me off to say the least considering the phone call lasted less than 5 minutes.

Top Bottom