• ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Can't help but also curious.

Did you also get one of the police surplus ones from classic firearms? The outside of mine's seen some miles but everything else is in top condition. Just needed to take it down some to blow out the cobwebs and grunge in the places not usually cleaned.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Can't help but also curious.

Did you also get one of the police surplus ones from classic firearms? The outside of mine's seen some miles but everything else is in top condition. Just needed to take it down some to blow out the cobwebs and grunge in the places not usually cleaned.

Those are the ones I was looking at. Didn't get one yet. I wanted to learn a little more about what I was getting. Hence the serial lookup. I've wanted a Jericho for years. Might be the best time to get one.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Those are the ones I was looking at. Didn't get one yet. I wanted to learn a little more about what I was getting. Hence the serial lookup. I've wanted a Jericho for years. Might be the best time to get one.

Buy it!

Do you have any particular concerns regarding the date of manufacture? They were only made since '90 and it's marked IMI not IWI so they were made prior to '06, otherwise I haven't had much luck dating it either.

It's actually a Tanfoglio clone. Tanfos are clones of CZs but a couple specs are slightly different. the slide won't interchange with my CZ75 P-01 but will interchange with my Tanfoglio Mossad. I imagine the guts are like tanfos too... very similar but not quite interchangeable with actual CZs.

If you don't mind the SAO and imperfect exterior (Considering some places are charging extra for "battle worn" paint jobs...), it's a heck of a deal. polygonal barrel, fits standard CZ mags, trigger's not as crisp as a 1911 but sweet nonetheless. I can't quite quantify it but it breaks better than the Mossad. No matter how careful I am, the SA break in the mossad gives a little jump to the sights, the Jericho does not even though it feels the same weight and has about the same take up and over-travel.I like the slide lock better than the Mossad or P01 and the safety better than the mossad (P01's decocker only).

It is a little different from most Jerichos in that it still has the frame mounted safety (which I prefer anyway). I will say it's heavy and a lot of it's up front from the extra thick full-length dust cover. The slide's heftier than my Mossad as well. Just adds to keeping the sights on target, right?

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Buy it!

Do you have any particular concerns regarding the date of manufacture? They were only made since '90 and it's marked IMI not IWI so they were made prior to '06, otherwise I haven't had much luck dating it either.

It's actually a Tanfoglio clone. Tanfos are clones of CZs but a couple specs are slightly different. the slide won't interchange with my CZ75 P-01 but will interchange with my Tanfoglio Mossad. I imagine the guts are like tanfos too... very similar but not quite interchangeable with actual CZs.

If you don't mind the SAO and imperfect exterior (Considering some places are charging extra for "battle worn" paint jobs...), it's a heck of a deal. polygonal barrel, fits standard CZ mags, trigger's not as crisp as a 1911 but sweet nonetheless. I can't quite quantify it but it breaks better than the Mossad. No matter how careful I am, the SA break in the mossad gives a little jump to the sights, the Jericho does not even though it feels the same weight and has about the same take up and over-travel.I like the slide lock better than the Mossad or P01 and the safety better than the mossad (P01's decocker only).

It is a little different from most Jerichos in that it still has the frame mounted safety (which I prefer anyway). I will say it's heavy and a lot of it's up front from the extra thick full-length dust cover. The slide's heftier than my Mossad as well. Just adds to keeping the sights on target, right?

Sounds like my kind of gun. Thanks for the info!

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    A day or two to send it, a day or two to travel. I think I ordered Late weds or thurs and it showed up at the FFL Saturday noontime.

I found out mine is arriving Thursday. You were right about the timing. About four days total for me.

I did find out that the serial numbers most likely won't be found in the traditional way. Israel didn't see much value in keeping records for inquiries. Now that they've changed hands, it's even less likely. I like to dig, though, so if I find info I'll post it here.

Did yours have any unique customized features? I found out the plastic trigger guard piece is supposedly for a locking holster.

Top Bottom