Join INGunOwners For Free
    Marksman

User Info Menu

380s PPK/S vs Glock 42 vs Ruger LCP II

Decided to fire all 3 of my 380s yesterday. Distance of 7 yards from a standing position - 10 rounds each target with Aguila 95 FMJ.

First up was my Interarms Walther PPK/S. Have not fired this pistol in a while but it ended up shooting about as good as I have ever fired it. Picked this up from the classifieds here a few years ago - the pistol has been 100% reliable and the 3rd PPK/S I have owned.

Next up was the Glock 42 and I ended up with a lot of horizontal shot dispersion. Maybe it was due to the change from firing the PPK/S. Picked it up here on INGO as well. This G42 has not been reliable with Federal 95 FMJ ammo which the PPK/S eats right up. I bought a new upgraded magazine - same results. On the plus side the Glock sights are the easiest of the 3 for me to pick up - especially the front sight.

Finally the Ruger LCP II. Picked this up at Gander in Ft. Wayne in July - got a great deal. The LCP II understandably is the hardest of the 3 to shoot well - the sights , especially with my eyesight are very difficult to see on a covered range. The LCP II really wants to move around in the hand and takes an extra firm grip. But it has been 100% relaible and is so easy to carry. Plus I shoot it more accurately than my Smith 642 Airweight revolver.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 700 LTR 223; 10-14-2019 at 20:50.

User Info Menu

Good shooting on all of them.

User Info Menu

Um... I think I will stay out of range of all three. That's pretty good shooting with small snappy .380s.

The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.