• 57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    Gents!

Greetings - my very first post!

My father has passed to me a 27-2 Smith & Wesson Nickel 8 3/8 bbl. It's came in a walnut presentation case with paperwork. I have never fired it, however he did back in the 20th century..... only on occasion. It's been in my firearms safe since '08. It is almost "as new' with only the typical slight carbon on the face of the cylinder. It has the typical Goncalo Alves target stocks and partridge sights too.

In all honesty, I'm looking to sell it at some point - however, am curious about a round about price. I can't find hardly anything on this site about this revolver. Recommendations?

Cheers!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Getting top dollar on a collectors item like that probably needs to go on Gunbroker.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Somewhere out there are two guys that need that particular item to fill a last square in an S&W collection. They fight over it on GB and you win.:)

57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    so............. I did just go there to check out what they have. There are 7 S&W's much like this one..... with no bids. : (

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Sign in on GB and do a completed auction search to see what they have sold for.

Advanced search/completed auction tab

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    so............. I did just go there to check out what they have. There are 7 S&W's much like this one..... with no bids. : (

The gun market is soft right now, meaning it's a buyers market.
    I imagine they are asking too much for them on gunbroker. Thus no bids. Something like that does need to be listed on GB, to get top dollar.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A nice one with the box sold for 847.00, another one for 860.00, an average one sold for around 720.00, looks like around 850.00 might be the sweet spot right now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    There's a blued one at $850.00 with 5 days to go, with no reserve, so it's going to sell. Should go higher the last day of auction. I would think the nickel ones command a premium? Maybe the secret is to start it at a low reserve, say $500, and get bidders emotionally involved. There's risk involved, though, if the right buyers don't come along.

Or you could save yourself all the hassle, and I'll give you 600 cash benjamins right now! :ingo::patriot:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/837144720

p.s.: Welcome to INGO!

Added this one: $1100 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828307419

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    My guess is the OP knows what it is worth, but with only 4 posts cannot put it in the classifieds.
    So starts a "what's it worth" thread to generate interest in hopes of getting an offer here.

Pure speculation on my part...........

57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    Gents - I do appreciate the feedback. True, I do have only four posts - and no pics. who would offer??? I do have a friend that has been a member here for a couple of years - who offered to sell them for me in the classifieds. Nah.... So, I live roundabout Madison IN area and we have one gun shop. The guy in there is a straight shooter and has offered me $700 - sight unseen. I just was curious to see if it all was even worth it to post it up for sale. I don't NEED to sell it, was just curious. HOWEVER, I am curious about the 4" nickel Python my father also left to me..... Those prices at both BG and GA are all over the place. BTW - not for sale.

Top Bottom