• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is interesting and I can't disagree with his choice of carry revolver....

[video=youtube;1K-vpokw0gU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K-vpokw0gU[/video]

A retired Colonel friend of mine's prairie dog hunting partner is now unable to own a firearm due to a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction...Long story short...Bad divorce and revenge...They go west every year for a prairie dog hunt...I asked the Colonel how is his buddy able to still hunt???

Airgun...He can take dog's out to 200 yards.....

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    However, convicted felons in INDIANA are prohibited from possessing black powder firearms per INDIANA statutes

Not true. If I am wrong please cite the statute so i can learn it.

Indiana prohibits "serious violent felons" from possessing a firearm under any circumstances. Also, a person convicted of battery on a current or former domestic partner is also prohibited from possessing a firearm under Indiana law. But not all black powder, i.e. inlines are a no go I think. If it requires a back ground check to purchase they can't have it.

Federal Law does not consider black powder firearms, firearms. same rule applies with the back ground check.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    From: https://warsawlaw.com/indiana-muzzleloaders-felonies/

Under Indiana State Law a muzzleloader does meet the definition of a firearm under IC 35-47-1-5. However, in Indiana Law, not all felons are prohibited from possessing firearms. Under Indiana law, individuals convicted of domestic battery or a crime listed under the Serious Violent Felon statute in IC 35-47-4-5 are prohibited from possessing a firearm. Therefore, this would include a prohibition against possession of any sort of muzzleloader. It should be noted while that IC 35-47-1-5 is entitled “Serious Violent Felon”, certain types of drug felonies are listed in that statute and thus individuals with convictions for those offenses would be prohibited from possession muzzleloaders under Indiana state law.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Sure, go ahead and play semantics with a prosecutor on a convicted felon or domestic violence conviction firearm violation and see where that gets you. Huge legal fees (if you can afford a decent attorney) and a more probable than not conviction on the firearm possession charge. Oh, and don’t say I didn’t tell you so!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It might have been a good idea for him to work the pronunciation of all of the words in his script.

Well, that and not live a life that would get him in the situation he lives now, but . . . a little late for that.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Chosen profile: The guy in the video has the look like he wants to be M(al)ad(justed) Max.
    And society takes away his guns. Surprise!

For his choice in pieces, they're both good to go.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just listened to him talk while doing upgrades at work.

I really enjoyed the part about hiding his pistol in the weeds

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The sad truth is that in most parts of Europe you have less rights and less options than a convicted felon in the US.

Blackpowder handguns are less restricted than modern firearms but you would go straight to jail if you were caught carrying one.

Same for blades in most places ...

Top Bottom