Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Are Nighthawk Custom pistols worth the money?

I have been looking at adding a custom 1911 to my collection and i have been looking at ed brown, wilson, les baer and nighthawk but i heard nighthawk on some models uses frames and slides from remsport which i am told are made from forgings from korea and then machined here in the US as well as caspian cast frames for a couple models. Wilson claims 100% made in usa from forgings to final product. I think baer and brown are made in USA too. Nighthawk is priced similar to wilson for similar featured pistols but to me if its true their using korean steel/forgings they should not be in same price range. If anybody can let me know if this nighthawk\remsport/Korean thing is BS or can confirm it that would be great or at least let me know that baer wilson and brown pistols are doing same thing but i heard it was only nighthawk.
    Last edited by 10mmfan; 3 Weeks Ago at 14:54.

User Info Menu

Cabot, Novak or Republic Forge not on your radar?
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Wilson, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Nighthawk are all very nice 1911's, but not really "custom".
    "Semi-custom" is how they are usually described.
    A true custom 1911 will cost you!!

Jeremy Ried
    Ct Brian
    Stan Chen
    Ted Yost
    Lou Biondo
    Chuck Rogers
    Chris James
    Joe Chambers
    Brandan Bunker
    John Jardine
    Jason Burton

These are just some, most will charge as much as a 10yr old Camry, but the quality will be impeccable.
    For a semi-custom gun, my Dan Wesson is not far off from the higher priced manufacturers.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I have found that the offerings from the Standard Mfg. people hold their own to and DW I have fondled/fired and that is more than a few.
    Some local smiths will build you a really nice custom 1911 to your specs. For about the same money as the Wilson/Nighthawke. And the ones I have had built are superior to those offerings.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Dave Lauck literally wrote the book on 1911. If you want something that is truly squared away dlsports.com is it.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

After shooting a few of AllenM's pistols, that's what I'd put my money into. They may not have the resale value of one of the bigger names, but I don't think I'd sell it anyway.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfan View Post
    I have been looking at adding a custom 1911 to my collection and i have been looking at ed brown, wilson, les baer and nighthawk but i heard nighthawk on some models uses frames and slides from remsport which i am told are made from forgings from korea and then machined here in the US as well as caspian cast frames for a couple models. Wilson claims 100% made in usa from forgings to final product. I think baer and brown are made in USA too. Nighthawk is priced similar to wilson for similar featured pistols but to me if its true their using korean steel/forgings they should not be in same price range. If anybody can let me know if this nighthawk\remsport/Korean thing is BS or can confirm it that would be great or at least let me know that baer wilson and brown pistols are doing same thing but i heard it was only nighthawk.

Did you ask Nighthawk?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    After shooting a few of AllenM's pistols, that's what I'd put my money into. They may not have the resale value of one of the bigger names, but I don't think I'd sell it anyway.
    He is my go to guy for the heavy lifting I can not do. He has built me several complete customs and man they are stellar. He has done some serious machine work/mods on so many 1911's for me I have lost track. He has one in the "Q" right now.

There is another member here that posts up pics of his work that might be considered. Just because it has a fancy manf. name on it does not make it a custom.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfan View Post
    Ed Brown Les Baer Springfield Custom Springfield Production. These if you want to spend more time shooting than looking around on the ground for missing parts and malfunctions.

"See you on the Range"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast