• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    Has been a while since I have posted on here. Have lurked but had a really busy, kind of crappy summer so not much to say.
    Anyway, the wife and I went to the range the other day and I finally bought a 9.
    Picked up a Beretta 92FS Inox. Love the way it shoots and looks, and seems to have a great reputation. Next up is a set of rosewood grips.
    The wife, not to be out done had to have a new gun as well so she got the Springfield Armory 911 in vintage blue.
    We shot the Kimber micro model and seems like a pretty sweet little gun. Fits her hand right and not much of a kick out of the 380.
    She has been saying that she wasn't interested, but I think now that I finally got her back to the range she is hooked.
    Now for the stupid waiting period :(

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Waiting period, waiting period... last time I bought a gun I left the house at 1810 and didn't get home until 1900. The gun store is 2.5 miles away, so I probably waited 40 minutes to bring home an AR.

Congrats on the Beretta Vic. When I say "The Great State of Indiana" I mean it! We have more jobs than people, point the car east!!

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    It drives me crazy how liberal this stupid state is.
    We have the king of idiots for a governor as well. Mr. tax and spend
    Safe injection sites are available, but vaping is off the table. Talk about bought and paid for by the big money. Lol
    It surprises me with so many hunters and fisherman here what a left wing state this is.
    Anyway, can't wait to pick up my new toy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    waiting period. I remember when I did that, it was like decades ago.

Someone was telling me what a great idea it was.
    So I asked them why.
    If it's to stop "crime of passion", how does that work when you already own a gun, or a knife, or a baseball bat.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Congrats on a nice new shiny Beretta!

I picked up a Beretta 92 fs a couple of weeks ago. I have owned them in the past, but always needed up selling or trading them. Really enjoy shooting it, heck have even been carrying it.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    If it's to stop "crime of passion", how does that work when you already own a gun, or a knife, or a baseball bat.

Our last Illinois governor to go to prison, and he is still there, had the answer for this. If we don't have a waiting period someone would be able to buy a more powerful gun to shoot someone with. Yes it is pretty stupid when you can carry a 45 into a gun store but have to wait three days to take home a .22. Oh wait the words Illinois and stupid are interchangeable. Jim.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    It's really this simple.
    Libs want "something" done about guns, and doing "something" will get votes.
    The new age political process has very little to do with actual solutions. It is 100% about getting re-elected.
    Politicians will say or do ANYTHING to get re-elected whether it make sense or not.
    Say anything necessary to get elected, push forward policies to get votes or money to get re-elected, get re-elected, repeat.
    TERM LIMITS are the only answer IMO

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The waiting period consists of how much time spent shooting the bull with the owners.

Or just waiting your turn at the shop.
    I've waited as long as an hour for a N.I.C.S. call to go through on a busy day, or when the lines are down.
    I've also waited as little as 5 minutes from the time I filled out the paperwork until I walked out the door with my new gun.

Waiting periods are a joke for the most part.
    Along the same lines,
    I bought a firearm at Rural King several years back. I can't even remember what it was, but it was a long gun.
    The "manager" had to walk me out of the store.
    On the way out I mentioned what a stupid idea I thought that was.
    The manager said something to the effect that they "couldn't have people walking through the store with firearms".
    I lifted my shirt to show him my .357 snubby and he said, "If I'd known you had that with you, I would have had to ask you to take it outside and leave it in your car".

When I told him it was my understanding that Rural King allowed carrying of firearms, according to the laws of the state, he just looked at me, handed me my rifle at the door and said, "Have a nice day".

Top Bottom