Your first license to carry, what state and what first carry piece.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    !980 (Yea I am OLD), TEXAS, all I could afford was a Jennings .22, then a Raven .25, boy I thought I was protecting me, and my young family, back then.
    This quickly progressed to a Colt Combat Commander, a model 36 Smith Chiefs Special, and a Mossberg 12 ga pump.
    Boy I thought I was well protected back then, got rid of the Jennings and Raven, my Colts in my safe, and the Chiefs Special I gave to my youngest daughter years ago.

Colts, Smiths, Sigs, etc, etc all came along and then came Glock, but way back in the day it all had to start somewhere.
    How about you, your first license, what state, what firearms initially.

Stay safe.:dunno::ingo::draw::ar15::patriot:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Indiana licence then and now. Carried a Beretta 92FS. Probably around 1994. I started late; I had to introduce myself to guns.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Got my Indiana LTCH when I turned 18 in 1998. Carried a Beretta 92 OWB in a leather holster for a little while until the Glock 19 Gen 3 came out. Carried that Glock 19 for about 15 year until switching it out a few years ago for a Glock 17 Gen 3.

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Indiana, 1979; S&W Model 19. Semi-autos were definitely not mainstream back then.

I then purchased a S&W 39; that is one of the weapons I wish I had hung on to.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I felt old until Jim McKalip posted,
    1979, Maryland :rockwoot:Sig 226. I've tried others over the years, then I change back because nothing fits like an old pair of shoes.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    2001 right after 9/11. Indiana four year LTCH then life time at first option. Taurus .38 spl 5 shot snub because I could not find a nice used S&W 36. Finally bought a model 60 smith and carried it ten years +/-, still rotate it with some wonder nines.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    My first license in Indiana was dated 1976. I started carrying during the beginning of "The Blizzard 78". I was driving home from work on Delaware Street (INDY) at 3 am and a group was rolling 3' snowballs in the street. They were working on the last two that would completely block the street as I squeezed through the blockade. The first daily carry gun was an S&W Model 29 in a Jackass shoulder rig. I knew "Dirty Harry" couldn't be wrong. My first handgun was purchased at Galyan's Trading Post. Some of the other handguns were from The Bullet Hole, Emroes, and Sportsman's Headquarters. Many good gun shops have closed.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    California in the 80s. My first handgun was a "chopped and bobbed" Colt Officers 1911 .45 that I had Terry Tussey match and "race out" for me. :spend:
    I carried that gun until 2010.

Wait..... did someone say license? :@ya:

Top Bottom