Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 265 of 502 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 275 315 365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 5012

User Info Menu

The CZickness XXVIII

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Did they give you points for your stay there?
    Nope. I think it was a Holiday Inn at the time. It was a no name hotel next time I went through that area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    i love old stuff. Antiques are so much better than new crap
    There are aspects of new technology that I do enjoy but for the most part, I really hate this move to having gadgets do our thinking for us. I think that we are losing a lot in life as this progresses. Many of us remember the ‘70s well when there was not a lot of choice in life and life was richer for it. No Netflix or Prime to browse through thousands of titles to see what you wanted to watch. No cell phones to take your attention away from those around you.

The world was smaller back then and you engaged in doing stuff instead of surfing stuff. It’s not all bad now, as I would not give up this circle of friends and it is brought to me through the same technology that I am learning to hate.

The road trip that I just finished would have been much more difficult in the ‘70s. I would have had paper maps and depended on signs more. There would have been no XM radio or 5 hour late ‘60s rock playlist. The windows would have been down and there would have been more gas stops. But, in the end, it would have been a more memorable trip. This trip was so easy that it will just be a minor blip in my memory as I age. Had I done this in the ‘70s, I’d still be remembering it fondly to this day.

Oh, and Morning folks!
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Too freakin early for a night shifter to be awake. Coffee please.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    There are aspects of new technology that I do enjoy but for the most part, I really hate this move to having gadgets do our thinking for us. I think that we are losing a lot in life as this progresses. Many of us remember the ‘70s well when there was not a lot of choice in life and life was richer for it. No Netflix or Prime to browse through thousands of titles to see what you wanted to watch. No cell phones to take your attention away from those around you.

The world was smaller back then and you engaged in doing stuff instead of surfing stuff. It’s not all bad now, as I would not give up this circle of friends and it is brought to me through the same technology that I am learning to hate.

The road trip that I just finished would have been much more difficult in the ‘70s. I would have had paper maps and depended on signs more. There would have been no XM radio or 5 hour late ‘60s rock playlist. The windows would have been down and there would have been more gas stops. But, in the end, it would have been a more memorable trip. This trip was so easy that it will just be a minor blip in my memory as I age. Had I done this in the ‘70s, I’d still be remembering it fondly to this day.

Oh, and Morning folks!
    You make very good points. I'm kinda stuck in the middle in regards to how things are nowadays. My generation grew up mostly without internet, we got our family's first computer when I was in high school and even then it definitely didn't dominate our days. I remember my parents having a car phone and you'll called them if it was something important. I remember taking trips using maps also, remember thinking how texting was a stupid idea and I'd never do it. Yet here I am, encompassed by technology and all the supposed "convenience" things offer me. And yet, I feel like my attention span is the shortest it's ever been and my ability to focus diminishes daily. Perhaps it's because I can escape to something else so quickly with the just the click of a few buttons. Something I've been thinking alot about since my FIL's passing is how disconnected I've actually become from my relationships with the most important people in my life and yet I have the most resources to communicate with those people than I've ever had before.

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Morning all...

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Morning everyone

Nice pics MM and thanks for continually sharing your skillset with us, you sure do take a high quality picture.

Glad 88 had a safe trip.

I spent last night researching and thinking about pistol optics and whether or not I want to commit to using one as an EDC. As much as I like the simplicity of irons on a pistol, I know I've performed well with a reflex sight in the past despite my love/hate relationship with the RMR. I know the Trijicon RMR is the gold standard, but I like shooting with my Holosun more and that has given me a real complex. Aaron Cowan (Sage Dynamics) is the expert on these things and he has been singing the praises on the Holosun and ranks them 3rd behind the RMR and Aimpoint ACRO. The most recent video he has out is the 508T version, which is titanium and it's pretty badass. I have no experience with the ACRO.
    Yeah, I'm wondering along those lines myself. I'm pretty much decided on an RMR, but keep going back and checking out the Holosuns.

User Info Menu

Good morning y'all

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Morning everyone

Nice pics MM and thanks for continually sharing your skillset with us, you sure do take a high quality picture.

Glad 88 had a safe trip.

I spent last night researching and thinking about pistol optics and whether or not I want to commit to using one as an EDC. As much as I like the simplicity of irons on a pistol, I know I've performed well with a reflex sight in the past despite my love/hate relationship with the RMR. I know the Trijicon RMR is the gold standard, but I like shooting with my Holosun more and that has given me a real complex. Aaron Cowan (Sage Dynamics) is the expert on these things and he has been singing the praises on the Holosun and ranks them 3rd behind the RMR and Aimpoint ACRO. The most recent video he has out is the 508T version, which is titanium and it's pretty badass. I have no experience with the ACRO.
    Thanks ..... and I like titanium, and have also been interested in the Holosun sights !

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post

Oh, and Morning folks!
    Attention spans, ability to focus, the ability to think something through to its conclusion.

My new laptop was talking to me last night....WTF. I am serious. It asked me to say a sentence so it could learn who I was.

Seri scolded me a few times. ....."J" man heard her do it once. I have no idea WTF.

Skynet. I believe we are seeing it in the real.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Technology is and always has been a double edged sword. No doubt a bunch of monks in China thought that invention of paper was the damnation of society.

Technology will own us some day. The IT guys will run the world. The rest of us will just be Pawns that think we are Kings.

Last edited by mcapo; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:01.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.