Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 88 of 502 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Welp, as of Jan 1, I'm allowed to smoke weed legally with my job... weird feeling.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Morning everyone. I have a very heavy heart this morning.

My Father in Law's medical struggles came to an end this morning just after midnight. He passed away at the age of 68, just celebrating his birthday last Friday. He was a great man, a great father and a great friend. He has joined his wife once again, whom we lost in 2009. He was a good hearted and easy going fella who loved cars, cracking dirty jokes and taking the scenic route everywhere he went (and yet always managed to arrive 1 hour early). He will be dearly missed.

Hug the ones you love today, because tomorrow is not promised.
    My deepest condolences T-Dogg and family.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Me either ! The tall one needs to strut his stuff, so we know what he brought !
    With so much being there its easy to miss a lot! Then you've got meeting people and catching up with people. Great group of stellar people!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    We are sorry to hear of your loss T-DOGG. Iím with 88, celebrate his life and remember the good times.

My experience with loss is limited to grandparents, but when my grandfather passed (he was the first to go) my grandma made sure we celebrated his life instead of focusing on mourning our loss. As a family, we had a celebration of him after the funeral. I found it made the process less painful and when I think of him I remember how central he was for our family gatherings instead of remembering the pain or tears at his loss.
    When im gone fire off my cannon with my ashes in it. If carlos spicey weiner puts a sausage in there too im coming back and haunting all of you
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Welp, as of Jan 1, I'm allowed to smoke weed legally with my job... weird feeling.
    Just remember this among other federal aspects:

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Wow. Well just dont get registered like a ID card or anything or uncle fed could still come for any guns or gun rights
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Morning everyone. I have a very heavy heart this morning.

My Father in Law's medical struggles came to an end this morning just after midnight. He passed away at the age of 68, just celebrating his birthday last Friday. He was a great man, a great father and a great friend. He has joined his wife once again, whom we lost in 2009. He was a good hearted and easy going fella who loved cars, cracking dirty jokes and taking the scenic route everywhere he went (and yet always managed to arrive 1 hour early). He will be dearly missed.

Hug the ones you love today, because tomorrow is not promised.
    Sorry to hear about this! The family will be in my prayers!

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    We are sorry to hear of your loss T-DOGG. Iím with 88, celebrate his life and remember the good times.

My experience with loss is limited to grandparents, but when my grandfather passed (he was the first to go) my grandma made sure we celebrated his life instead of focusing on mourning our loss. As a family, we had a celebration of him after the funeral. I found it made the process less painful and when I think of him I remember how central he was for our family gatherings instead of remembering the pain or tears at his loss.
    T-Dogg and I have been been talking off line but I, again, want to express my condolences openly. I know it has been a rough road for him and those that love him. You know you, Mrs. T-dogg and your little munchkin are always in my thoughts.

88 has it right. I don't know if its cultural or not but my Italian side of the family (which are/were mostly Catholic) has a somber church service and then one heck a party afterwards. My grandfather died 23 years ago when my wife was VERY pregnant with our twins. We were sitting at a table with some our of closest employees telling stories about my grandfather. One of the guys started doing impersonations of him and the room got so loud with laughter, she had to leave because the babies where moving around! He was the quintessential American Dream immigrant story.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

I'm not a fan of anyone that wipes their butt with someone else's sleeve. - bcannon

User Info Menu

Italians, hispanics, asians, love of family and that bond is something ive always loved. The way they care for their elders as important and not burdens like some people think of them as. The older generations deserve high respect and they can teach us a lot.
    Never had that growing up (a tight or large close family) so it was always one of those perfect family images to me. Even though i know no family is perfect. Laughter does the mind and body good. I try to always laugh and make other people laugh even if its at my own expense. It makes you feel good. Sounds like T-doggs father in law was a great man whos loss will leave a deep hole in their family. You just have to fill it with the memories he gave you. And if you do that then our loved ones live in our hearts and minds forever and through generations even.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Just remember this among other federal aspects:

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."
    Very true, I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it. In theory I was all for it, knowing it would never apply to me, nor did I care for it to apply. Just a weird feeling. Work came out openly saying they would no longer test for thc...

Page 88 of 502 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast