• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    I decided to get a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911! Its 45ACP and has the Bomar target style night sights on it. Shes good and tight! It's the stainless and black 2 tone but I'm thinking of having it Cerakoted. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks :ingo:
    :draw:

Attachments

• 20191104_193927.jpg
      20191104_193927.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 88

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man Puleeeeeeeeeeessse do not cover that finish with color. Get another one to do that to.

Yes I currently own 3 of these and have owned countless others. Love them.
    Use the proper lube on the slide.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Ok so no Cerakote... I am gonna change out the grips to some G10s! I originally went in looking for the MC Operator (I think its called) but couldn't find one after going 4 places so I decided on this one.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Man Puleeeeeeeeeeessse do not cover that finish with color. Get another one to do that to.

Yes I currently own 3 of these and have owned countless others. Love them.
    Use the proper lube on the slide.

School me on this proper lube you speak of? I usually use TW25 on slide rails... on the wife I usually just spit on it :):
    Is there something better to use for the Springfield?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    School me on this proper lube you speak of? I usually use TW25 on slide rails... on the wife I usually just spit on it :):
    Is there something better to use for the Springfield?

Stainless runs a bit different. This topic has been discussed a bit here in the forum. Everyone has there own favorites for what ever reasons. Lots of great products out there.

Having spent way to much time building engines and being around some very sharp people I have come to see the advantages of using PermaTex engine assembly moly based lube. The red stuff. Slick as snot but a bit thick on its own. I cut it down with gun oil (just a tad) and apply it in the heavy contact points on all of my guns. Good old Hoppes gun oil mixes with it nicely. A few others on the forum use a synthetic oil to mix with it. Pick your poison.

It works very well on the slide/frame rails on my stainless 1911's. It feels like needle bearings when you use it.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I use Nano - Oil and Tuff Glide 50/50 mixed with Permatex copper anti-seize on stainless steel.

BTW, those Bomar adjustable sights can dig into your sides if you don't have a sweatguard or carrying tight to your body.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I have come to see the advantages of using PermaTex engine assembly moly based lube. The red stuff...

I'm confused (my natural state of being). On your recommendation, I have looked for this product before and what I find is Permatex 81950 Ultra Slick Engine Assembly Lube. It is red but there is no mention of it containing moly. Is this the product of which you speak?

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I decided to get a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911! Its 45ACP and has the Bomar target style night sights on it. Shes good and tight! It's the stainless and black 2 tone but I'm thinking of having it Cerakoted. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks :ingo:
    :draw:

I really like the looks of it just the way it is - very nice! I have a Springfield Range Officer which has the target style adjustable sights. The Range Officer 1911 is quite accurate for an out of the box pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm confused (my natural state of being). On your recommendation, I have looked for this product before and what I find is Permatex 81950 Ultra Slick Engine Assembly Lube. It is red but there is no mention of it containing moly. Is this the product of which you speak?

Yes. It was a moly based product back in the day I suspect. It is still just as slick as it ever was.

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    That's a nice looking gun you've got. I've been on the fence about getting myself a 1911. I'm left handed and I've always liked being able to use a slide lock and I've yet to find a 1911/2011 that has an ambi one. I've been holding off until I can find one with a slide lock or I find the right gun I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a nice looking gun you've got. I've been on the fence about getting myself a 1911. I'm left handed and I've always liked being able to use a slide lock and I've yet to find a 1911/2011 that has an ambi one. I've been holding off until I can find one with a slide lock or I find the right gun I guess.

I have never seen a lefty 1911. Not saying there are not any out there but if that is why you are holding off you will never find one. JMHO. If wrong I would enjoy seeing one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom