Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Sharpshooter

    User Info Menu

    Little Sig help for 357 Sig

    So I was pretty dead set on a 10mm until reading about Mr. Harold Fish. Granted that could happen given many calibers. So I was moving back to the 9mm legion which is what I still plan on ordering next week. My question is after doing a little reading on the Sig 357, can I really just pop a $150 barrel in my legion and have a 357sig ? Using the same mags and everything? I must admit I know little about it other then it is currently not popular

  2. #2
    Master edporch's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chef1231 View Post
    So I was pretty dead set on a 10mm until reading about Mr. Harold Fish. Granted that could happen given many calibers. So I was moving back to the 9mm legion which is what I still plan on ordering next week. My question is after doing a little reading on the Sig 357, can I really just pop a $150 barrel in my legion and have a 357sig ? Using the same mags and everything? I must admit I know little about it other then it is currently not popular
    I don't think with a 9mm you can just swap the barrel to .357 Sig.

    But if you have a .40SW you can just swap the barrel to the OEM .357 Sig barrel, and will be good to go.
    I've done this with a Sig P226 and a Sig P229.
    The magazines work fine.

    The .357 Sig is a great round!
    Underwood makes some great self defense loads.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

  3. #3
    Grandmaster patience0830's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I don't think Mr Fish is any kind of case against the 10mm?

    Nothing wrong with the .357 sig except ammo cost for practice though.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

  4. #4
    Expert Ggreen's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    357sig is a 9mm in a 40 case basically. Your 9mm won't convert to it easily, 40 does.

    Practice ammo isn't bad right now if you shop online.

  5. #5
    RMG
    RMG is offline
    Plinker RMG's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by edporch View Post
    I don't think with a 9mm you can just swap the barrel to .357 Sig.

    But if you have a .40SW you can just swap the barrel to the OEM .357 Sig barrel, and will be good to go.
    I've done this with a Sig P226 and a Sig P229.
    The magazines work fine.

    The .357 Sig is a great round!
    Underwood makes some great self defense loads.

    Have done the same with Sig SP2022 - have 2 barrels .357 SIG and .40 S&W

    +1 - Agreed, Underwood makes great self defense loads.

  6. #6
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So you are stepping away from arguably the best SD/HD semi-auto caliber because of the case brought against Mr. Fish....???? Bigtanker put it about right in your 10mm thread.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  7. #7
    Grandmaster Expat's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I converted a P229-40 to .357 and did the same with a P239.
    the P229 uses the same mags for 40/357.
    the P239 had separate mags for the two calibers.

  8. #8
    Expert sparkyfender's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I converted a P229-40 to .357 and did the same with a P239.
    the P229 uses the same mags for 40/357.
    the P239 had separate mags for the two calibers.
    This right here. I found out about the 239 mag difference a few years ago, the hard way. lol

  9. #9
    Master Brad69's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Mr. Fish didnít listen to my rules, honestly he tripped up a lot in his interviews and was baited into some statements on sketchy stuff.
    In summary Mr. Fish talked himself into prison by being a nice guy attempting to cooperate with the authorities.

    Bradís rules for being interviewed by officials!

    1. Tell the truth (Brad almost went to the big house if he would have lied)

    2. Donít answer questions that you donít know the answer for.

    3. Donít assume ever ever that the person interviewing you is looking out for your best interest.

    4. Listen to the questions carefully often the person doing the interview knows the answer.

    5. Itís OK to say I donít recall no matter what the interviewer says.

    6. Donít let threats get to you if they had the goods on you would be under arrest.

    7. Donít believe the ďyour part of the teamĒ crap! (Your the part that can go to prison)

    8. Understand the person talking to you gets paid to get information.

    9. Anything that comes out of the interviewers mouth may be a lie.

    10. Be aware anything you say if found to be lying will send you to jail.
    U.S. Army retired

  10. #10
    Master edporch's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    So you are stepping away from arguably the best SD/HD semi-auto caliber because of the case brought against Mr. Fish....???? Bigtanker put it about right in your 10mm thread.
    I don't know about the Mr Fish story, but I agree that the 10mm is a GREAT round, I do carry it, and consider it an even better round than the .357 Sig.
    But I like the .357 Sig because it's also a hot round, but the pistols that shoot it seems to be lighter and more concealable than those that shoot 10mm.

    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge