• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a build using the Law Tactical folder adapter. Honestly, I wish I would not have waster my money. Does it fold...yes. Is it convenient to fold/unfold...no. And since you cannot fire an AR with the adapter folded...it is kind of a novelty.

If you really want a folding AR....buy a Sig MCX

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Answered the question for me. :ingo:

I was waiting on popularity and volume to run the price for these cool toys to under a hundred bucks. :twocents:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Answered the question for me. :ingo:

I was waiting on popularity and volume to run the price for these cool toys to under a hundred bucks. :twocents:

Even at >$100, I would not waste my money. Unless you are serious about having your AR fold for storage/transport, etc.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Wait, are you guys talking about traditional air impingement AR's that can fold when not in use? I thought an AR had to be a piston to allow it to mechanically be a folder?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Wait, are you guys talking about traditional air impingement AR's that can fold when not in use? I thought an AR had to be a piston to allow it to mechanically be a folder?

DI ARs need special adapters to keep the bolt and buffer in place with the rear open. No, they cannot fire like that (or at least they could once then you'd have a cool BCG facial-piercing). Yes, you need a piston AR with the return spring mounted somewhere other than the stock to function when folded.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fellas fellas fellas. Geez. The folders are so you can stow them in back packs or luggage not run them in that configuration. It takes some manipulation to disengage and fold the stock over but if it was any easier it would not be a stable piece. The materials and machine work on the Laws is pretty top notch. It is a close spec fit up hence the tight lock up. The less ("CHEAP CRAP") expensive offerings are not up to the spec that the Law offerings are made to.

I have 2 AR's fit up with these. I like the finished product. It does exactly what it is intended and designed to do. JMHO of course.

Who thought you could fire an AR fit up this way...???

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    CM is right. If you are wanting the folding adapter just for storage reasons, then they are GTG and relatively easy to deploy. If you got that route, then the Law Tactical seems to be the best option available.

If you want an AR style rifle that can actually be fired when folded, then my vote is the the Sig MCX.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In the general course of business as it stands today, the Law Tactical stuff is the one that you want. Don't (yet) bother with others.

Buy once, cry once.

Or it's corollary: Buy cheap, buy twice.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My vote is for law tactical but I’m a little biased :D

lsjhoew.jpg

0HcXRKa.jpg

Top Bottom